Second Day

After reading some more of the werewolf book, I took a walk around the border of their territory. I used some of the information in the 'wolf book to know exactly where the territory ends and begins. The werewolves usually marked their territory by leaving a scent marker. Animals could smell it fine, but for humans you had to be very careful.

Sniffing around, I walked to the very end of the east border. The Clawton pack must have been super big because it was a 12 mile long border. It took me about four hours to walk from one end to the other end. If I remember correctly, Cole took the south side.

It was getting dark and I know that I would have to hurry back to my shelter before it was pitch black or else I was in fear of rogues or demons. I returned to my journey to the camp that I had built.

Now that I knew where I was going, I knew that it wasn't going to take as long as it did to get here.

I suddenly had an idea. I yanked a big stick off of a big tree. As I walked around, I dragged the tree limb in the dirt. It was supposed to be a trail so that next time I come back this way I know exactly where to go.

I wished that Dana was there. I bet she would start to think that she was crazy. I know I sure had. I thought that I had gone crazy. A week ago I didn't even know that they were real. Now I'm hunting them. Who knew?

About two hours later I reached my campsite. Before I had left I had 'upgraded' my camp site. I had dug up some holes around the big hole and then I put some big sticks, about five to six feet tall, in the dug up holes. I had pushed the sticks together so that the tops all touched together to look like an Indian tent. Then I had put some leaves and an old tarp I found on top to make sure no rain water would get through. The pile of sticks, leaves, and twigs was directly to the right of the tent, about three feet away to be safe and not start a fire in the woods. If I had moved the blanket away, there would be a hole for me to climb in.

I threw the stick to the pile of other sticks.

It was nighttime and I was exhausted. I climbed into the little hole. It was pretty cramped with me and my backpack but I thought it was quite cozy. I got another blanket out of my bag with a pillow. I curled myself into a ball and was asleep in a matter of minutes.

---

I woke up at 7:06, hearing the birds singing their hearts out. I was still curled up into a ball. I uncurled, stretching while yawning. I removed the blanket while covering my eyes from the bright sun. My fire was still going and everything was still in my bag. Nothing had been stolen.

My eyes widened as I suddenly remembered about the werewolf haven. I better hurry or I might not make it in time! I grabbed my bag in a flash, taking my blankets with me. With that, I hurried off to town.

When I made it to the town, however, I didn't run anymore because I was afraid to raise suspicion. I walked past where I met Jason, past where I saw the old ladies have their morning tea.

I entered the grocery store where I saw the clerk. She was wearing a pink dress with high heels and plenty of makeup, her hair in curls. She looked beautiful.

"Mornin'," I said politely. She looked up at me with a sigh.

"Who's the lucky guy?" I asked with a smile. Her jaw dropped before a deep shade of red went over her face.

"I have no idea what you're talking about," she said stiffly. I shrugged but still grinned.

She sighed. "His name is Sam and I have a date with him as soon as I get off work today." I smiled.