Lead

Here's the next one. Hope you like it!
---

I woke up the next morning, and without even having to look in a mirror I could tell my hair was a gigantic mess. I could barely see through the blob of dark brown hair in front of me. I pushed my hair to the side with one hand while stumbling out of my bed and using the other to turn the light switch on. I quickly blocked the lights out of my face but I knew it was useless I would have to see again. The clock on my bed read 9:46, which was pretty usual for me.

My parents and sister don't even bother to wake me anymore, nor do they bother to bring me along to places like church. I was fine with that. I was always the outsider in my family, always lonely. Sometimes I wished I had someone to spend my time with, but that rarely happens.

I stumbled into my bathroom, taking in my state. My long-ish black hair looked terrible and messy and my green-blue eyes seemed duller than the last time I looked. I was changing physically and emotionally. With a sigh, I started my day.

One hour later I was cleaned and ready, sitting at my desk. I had my map of the states to mark, my book about werewolves, and my computer started up, ready to go.

I first looked at my map. It showed the states with places I've stared that have weird wolf sightings. In Alabama there was an insane man attacked in a grass clearing. First weird thing about that is that wolves don't live in grassland areas. In California, down a ways, there was yet another insane man that got clawed in half and left as a sign to somebody, a warning. In Texas, way into the country, there was a little kid that had been seen running in five different states, all spaced out. The kid was only about ten years old but he was still ripped apart and clawed all over by a wolf. For that one, I had no idea what could have happened.

I opened the werewolf book and went to the page I left off on. I was at a new chapter about the Alpha and the Luna. I didn't even hesitate. I started reading it.

I'm sure you have heard of either the Alpha or Luna. They both have a very important part of a pack (Werewolf Pack, pg. 74). All do the pack members basically worship them.
An Alpha is the male leader of all the werewolves in a certain pack. He is the one that controls the other werewolves. He has a trusted Beta (pg. 26) and Delta (pg. 43) that help him with every problem. An Alpha is most likely strong headed and spoiled but there are some good Alphas out there. An Alpha has an "alpha voice," that can make anybody do whatever they want. There are two strongest Alphas in the world. The first is the Alpha of all the packs. The second one is the Alpha of all the rogues (pg. 79) in the world.

I stopped reading after the sentence and thought briefly of the word rogue. I haven't read that chapter yet. I decided that I'll read it tomorrow after school. I skipped down to the Luna section.

The Luna is the Alpha's mate. The Luna would be called Alpha female but that just sounds weird and wrong so they called her the Luna. The Luna doesn't really have that much power because everyone listens to the Alpha and the Luna can't change their minds once the Alpha tells them to do something. Although, the Luna is respected in the most highest way possible in the pack.

Okay, that basically explained it all. I skipped down to the Luna and Alpha section.

The Alpha marks the Luna by biting her on the neck. He does that it shows everybody that she is his girl and no one can take her. Alpha wolves are very protective and possessive. Some female wolves don't want to be mated with an Alpha wolf because some Alphas are bad and they can do bad things.
Some Alpha wolves just want a mate (pg.96) so that they can have children to be the next in line for the Alpha position. If the pack doesn't have a child to take power then the whole pack will fall apart.
So just to recap, the Alpha is the leader of the pack and 89% of the time a bad leader. The Luna is his mate.

That was a very short chapter, huh. I looked at the next chapter which read Mates. I hesitated before starting to read. I still had a lot of time.

When a werewolf finds their mate they can sense it. They feel an urge to be around the individual. There is something compelling about the individual. They want to know everything about him or her. They want to spend time with the person. Inside, the werewolf will have a sense of knowing they've found the right person, and they'll no longer feel quite so lonely. Everything will feel right, happy, and complete when they're with their mate.
Werewolves have a tendency to avoid humans and crowds, and some have a difficult time with trust... all things that could hamper the process of finding their mate. One thing that works in the werewolves' favor is that often the two mates are drawn together. The two mates will always find each other in their lifetime.
The werewolf will know when they find their mate by smelling this delicious smell. Then when the werewolf touches their mate they will feel sparks.
There's one bad thing, though. If one of the two mates is a human then the human doesn't feel the sparks as much, doesn't know what's going on, doesn't really feel the bond. Another bad thing is that the human may accidentally reject a mate without even knowing it.
To reject a mate you have to say 'I, full name, reject you, full name, as my mate.' To be rejected is a harsh thing and may have many outcomes. Sometimes the human will die or go insane while the werewolf will just get lonely or both the mates will go insane. Rejection is a horrible thing for werewolves.

My belly growled and I replied with a sigh. I had to get something to eat but I didn't want to leave my search. It's like compelling me everyday to search.

I set down the book and turned my computer off to save some battery. I went down the attic stairs to the second floor, where Dana and my parent's rooms were. See how lucky I was? My parents didn't even care that I was all alone up in the attic. I went down some more stairs, stretching my arms wide. I walked through the boring living room to the kitchen. No one was there. I peeked through the blinds and saw both of the cars gone. They didn't even tell me they were leaving but it was all so normal to me by now.

I settled down with two waffles and a whole bowl full of syrup. I could never have syrup with my parents around so I snuck some in whenever I could.

Outside there was snow littering the ground but not a lot. Up here in North Dakota it was perfectly normal. It was only fall and it was already snowing. We lived kind of out in the country so we were always surrounded by forest and some fog, strangely. The bus stop was about half a mile from here and Dana and I had to walk in the snow every day. My mom and dad usually left at five in the morning to go to work and often left us to ourselves. I had to make sure Dana gets to school safely and back or there would be 'consequences.'

I wish I knew what was out there. I somehow knew within me that werewolves are real though I doubt anyone will believe me. I oddly felt connected to them. I wish they wouldn't make it so freaking hard! I wondered if vampires, witches, Wizards, Griffins, fairies, pixies, and all the other creatures were real. That would be cool but dangerous.

I finished pretty quickly and just threw my dishes in the sink. Luckily, none broke. I raced up the stairs two at a time for some energy. Sometimes I'm stuck in the house for days on end so I made my own exercises.

When I got to the attic stairs I slowed down and carefully stepped up. I couldn't even count how many times I had fallen down these stairs. They're so freaking narrow. I went to my door and took my key out. I always locked my doors, I didn't really like or trust my parents that much.

I opened my computer up and waited impatiently for it to start up. My mom got it for me before I started all of this searching, when she still loved me. Sometimes I don't really feel loved that much, I think Dana gets it all. But I can't be mad at Dana because she is always there for me in some way.

I first looked up to see if there was any more wolf sightings. There were none on the east coast nor the west coast. In South Dakota there was a video that showed three wolves attack a man that already looked like he was dying and had gone insane. It's not just weird that there's attacks but it's weird that where the wolves are attacking. They are all out of the ordinary but no one seems to see it. It was very terrifying. I watched it a couple of times to look to see if anything was out of the ordinary. In the video I saw the wolves eyes get glassed over and they seemed to be nodding their huge heads. My eyes widened. It could be a coincidence but I still wrote my observations down on a sheet of paper. I found South Dakota on the map and wrote what happened with a big star. I had a lead!
-------

Still sort of boring but it's just leading up the big part.
Please Comment and Like!