02

Lexington

Today, I woke up with a headache. So I did my morning routine, got dressed in some light blue jeans and a sweater with a burgundy scarf. I put on my uggs and grabbed an apple. I through my bag over my shoulder and headed to the bus stop. Luca was at Michael's house again. I swear sometimes I think they're dating but if I ever told him that, he'd choke me.

"Hey chica!" Lily said, with a smile.

"Hey." I said, not feeling well enough to return the smile.

"What's wrong, baby girl? Got ya lil baby voice all low."

" I'm just tired, I guess." I shrugged.

"Well hopefully Ms Heavens can make my best friend feel better." She smirked.

But it didn't change anything. It just made me more tired. My emotions didn't matter right now. I need to sleep. I rested on Lily's shoulder and dozed off to sleep. About an hour into my slumber, I feel a tickling feeling from my head. I knew someone was touching my hair. I opened my eyes for a moment to see who the culprit was. And to my surprise, it was Nyla. She froze in her place, waiting for my reaction, but continued when she saw me return to my slumber.

When we finally reached campus, I stretched my body, yawning. I stood from my seat, getting off the bus with Nyla behind me.

"Lexington, are you alright?" She asked, as I blushed slightly.

I nodded before she said "Are you sure? I've never seen you so tired."

"I'm sure." I said, giving her a light smile.

"Honestly, I think you're sick. But we might as well walk to class together. You do have Mr. Claudson in first hour, no?"

"Yea." I nodded.

"Alright, love. Lettuce go!" She said with her English accent, laughing a little.

She walked with me to class whilst pulling her schedule from her jean pocket.

"Oh you got your classes changed?! Can I see?" I asked, looking like a kid in a candy store.

She smiled, handing it to me. I gently slipped it from her fingers and read over it.

"I know we have 4th and 1st hour together. Anything else?" She asked as we stood on the steps of Mr. Claudson's room.

"We don't have 4th period together." I gave a little pout with a side of puppy dog eyes.

She smirked before, turning to walk into class. She checked in with Mr. Claudson and took a seat behind me.

As usual, that class was funny.

"Well, Jha Jha called. She's coming to visit in a few weeks." Donald laughed, shrugging.

I gasped and smiled widely. We were currently doing the assignment today and talking about people from middle school. Jha Jha was one of the cutest girls in middle school. She was also my first kiss. But we're very good friends.

"So Nyla...." I said turning towards her.

"So Lexington..." She said, mocking me, making me blush and laugh.