09

Nyla

It has been a minute since Luca and Lexi were in questioning. Michael was in the hospital. Bernie is definitely going to jail. For domestic violence, child abuse, child endangerment, disturbing the peace, driving under the influence, and theft. But Trevor? He was released immediately. They didn't blame him for anything and that was good, I think. But unfortunately for me, I was stuck with him at the hospital. Now it was my turn to be interrogated.

 Now it was my turn to be interrogated

"So... you're dating my little girl?"

"Yes sir."

"You're British?"

"Indeed."

"So when did you guys meet?"

"We go to school together. I'd always seen her but so many people assumed I was into guys and that I was so popular, it kind of kept us apart."

"So when did you guys start talking?"

"I have 4th hour with her. And Luca told me they were siblings so I took advantage of that opportunity. Her suspension just got lifted so she'll be returning back to school after all of this."

"Well I know you make her happy. That's all I really care about." He smiled, allowing me to loosen up a bit. His smile turned into a grin before saying, "don't bring no kids home."

We both laughed until the doctor came out.

"Michael Hauser."

"Right here." Mr. Trevor said.

"Well he's out of surgery. He'll be fine. I think it's best that you two go and get some rest. Come back tomorrow, he should be up."

"Thank you, Doctor."

Mr. Trevor and I left and went to the police station to check up on Lexi and Luca.

"Hi, I'm looking for my kids, Luca and Lexington."

"Luca is out of questioning, he went home and Lexington is still in questioning."

"Do you know what the status is?"

"Well, the detectives just started with her. I'm sure after talking with Luca, more charges were applied. At the rate those kids are going, between the evidence and everything else they have against him, he's looking at life."

"He never touched my daughter right?"

"Well so far, what I've heard is she was never home for him to even see her and when he did it was creepy." The officer said, shaking his head.

Mr. Trevor clenched his jaw and I could feel the anger oozing out of him.

"Mr. Trevor, um-."

"Officer Welk, can you notify Lexington Harper and Luca Harper's father that she's ready to go home."