1~ Marinette

Hey guys!

If you're familiar with me I'd bet you're thinking "Really Kiki? ANOTHER story?"

Well, the answer is yes. I am making another fanfiction.

A small warning — I've never written a fanfiction about Miraculous Ladybug or Tokyo Ghoul before, so I'm really sorry if they're OOC or I get a few things wrong, please bare with me.

Also, I'm really sorry if the chapter seems a bit rushed, I really had no idea how to start this, and don't really have a clear idea on how this story is going to play out.

____________________________________________________________________________________

Marinette woke with a start, her alarm blaring only to be silenced by her outstretched hand. She yawned, stretching as Tikki — her adoptive sister — came in through the trap door.

"Marinette! You're gonna be late!"

That one phrase erased every ounce of tiredness from within her, and she panicked, racing to get dressed and collect all of her school supplies.

"I'll be down in a minute Tikki, thanks!"

She quickly ran a brush through her dark hair before pulling it into a pair of pigtails, rushing to her door and only hesitating to admire her wall of Adrien Agreste photos.

She quickly made her way downstairs and into her parents' café, a small safe haven for both ghouls and people... of course, the people never knew that both the owners and the few workers were ghouls. That was the way it had to be kept.

Before the 15-year-old could make her way out the door her mother grabbed her wrist, stopping her.

"Have a nice day at school, Marinette," she said, smiling at her daughter and slipping a freshly made coffee into her hand, before lowering her voice as her expression turned from joyous to concerned, "And, please, be careful?"

Marinette returned the smile that her mother had given her, her bluebell eyes shining brightly, "Don't worry, Mama, I'll be fine."

She then commenced to kiss her mom's cheek before waving to Tikki and her dad — who were working at the counter — and heading out the door.

She ran down the street, not stopping until she was bursting into her classroom right as the final warning bell rang.

Letting out a sigh of relief, she sat down by Alya, setting her bag and coffee down on the desk.

"Looks like you got here just in time," Alya laughed at her exhausted friend.

"Thank god, I can live another day!" Marinette joked, and the two girls giggled as the teacher entered the classroom.

The lesson passed slowly, Marinette taking notes and every now and then glancing at the handsome boy in front of her.

Eventually it was time for lunch, a point in the day that Marinette both looked forward to, and heavily feared.

On the bright side, she got to socialize with her friend Alya; on the downside, she had to eat.

Walking out of the classroom with Alya, they made their way to a bench, sitting down as Marinette pulled out a sketch book and Alya pulled out her lunch.

"Forget your lunch again, Marinette?" Alya teased, laughing at the sheepish grin that formed on Marinette's face.

"Well, I was running late this morning, and I'm not really hungry at the moment anyway-"