9~ Eyepatch

HERE IS A CHAPTER THAT IS THE SLIGHTEST BIT LONGER THAN THE LAST FEW.

Yet it is still poorly written.

i cri.

*makes a mental note to go back and heavily edit published chapters in the distant future*

Anyway, I was thinking about the ending of Tokyo Ghoul Season 2, and now I'm frantically hurrying when reading the manga so I can hopefully get a different ending with Hide.

I really don't want to put Nino through that.

(Also, I feel that the season 2 opening theme is really underrated. Sure, the opening animation sucked, but the song was nice.)

__________________________________________________________________________________

Adrien came to several hours later, all traces of hunger gone and blood staining his shirt. There were no obvious wounds, but every inch of his body ached as if he'd just run ten miles.

"You're awake!" a girl's voice called as he pulled himself up.

He moaned in response, trying to maneuver in a way that didn't cause himself pain.

He was suddenly aware of a warm, wet sensation in his mouth. Adrien quickly brought his hand to his lips, only to return with a thin layer of blood covering his fingers.

"Did I...?"

Marinette was holding a coffee and her hands tightened around the cup, she was sitting next to him on the sofa.

"There's only one way to satisfy a ghoul's hunger." she explained, causing Adrien to panic.

"Wait- where's Nino?"

Marinette set a gentle hand on his shoulder in an attempt to calm the frantic half-ghoul, "Don't worry, he's resting in my room. Tikki's watching him."

Adrien let out a breath he hadn't known he'd been holding.

"We can go see him if you'd like?"

He nodded, quickly pulling himself off of the couch and ignoring any sore pains.

Marinette stopped him before he could run to the stairs. "Calm down, you may not have any visible injuries, but the internal ones are still healing."

Adrien sighed, following her advice and slowing down his actions. The two of them made their way up to Marinette's room, entering through the trap door.

Nino was set the same place Adrien had been on that first night, only Nino was covered in multiple bandages, both on his head and arms from being thrown by Juleka.

The faint stench of blood filled his nose.

"I was out doing some shopping for fabric when saw that Juleka was attacking so I went to try helping, but it was as if you'd gone completely insane with hunger." Tikki explained to Adrien when she saw him enter, "I did what I could to stop you, thankfully you'd never used your kagune before."

Tikki stood and went to Marinette's desk, where a first aid kit had been set. She opened the kit as Adrien stood in the doorway, his emotions at war at the sight of his injured friend.

He'd been the reason Nino was hurt. If only he'd said something, somehow convinced Nino to wait until Juleka brought his stuff to school again, then he would still be fine and they'd be texting and joking-