2~ Adrien

I am a despicable human being.

I procrastinated so much when planing this story that I haven't updated in, what, five months?

Anyway, it should be really clear which storyline I decided to go with while reading this chapter.

Sorry if it's a little rushed, especially near the beginning, I'm not really good with writing about dates, or much romance really. I guess it's because writing about guys is much harder for me V^-^V

Anyway, enough of me rambling, here is the long-delayed chapter!

__________________________________________________________________________________

There was no doubt about it.

The girl was watching them, watching him.

Adrien wasn't going to lie, she was pretty. But there was something... off... it was as if she was engulfed in an aura that screamed DANGER, STAY AWAY.

"Chill out, dude," Nino interrupted his uneasy thoughts, "You're a model, she probably just recognizes you from a magazine or something."

Adrien sighed, taking another sip of the coffee in front of him, sunlight streaming from the window where he sat at the Dupain-Cheng Café.

"It looks like Marinette's not working today," he noted. His classmate's parents owned the local café, and their home was right above it. It was unusual for Marinette to not be helping.

The strange girl took a shaky breath, standing and making her way to them timidly.

The boys watched the girl with curiosity. She brushed a small lock of brown hair behind her ear, before she then commenced to speak.

"It's Adrien, right? I'm Lila, a friend of Marinette's."

• • •

"So, Lila, you're interested in those old legends of the Miraculouses as well?"

"Yeah, I always thought it was amazing how the Miraculouses would work, with normal people being turned into beings with god-like power."

"It is pretty amazing, isn't it."

The two of them sat facing each other, talking idly as they enjoyed the dinner in front of them on their "date". At least, he thought Lila was enjoying it, she'd only taken a few bites of her small sandwich.

"So, what was your favorite Miraculous from the legends?" she asked, leaning forward slightly and causing some hair to fall over her shoulder.

"I'd have to say the black cat, he was always so cool and epic with his powers, he was sort of my idol growing up."

Lila nodded, "I always enjoyed the stories with the fox Miraculous, the way she could always create such realistic illusions with her flute."

Adrien glanced back down to the barely touched food on Lila's plate, "Are you okay? You've hardly eaten anything-"

"Oh," Lila waved it off, "it's fine, I just recently started a very strict diet..." She stood, smoothing out her shirt, "Excuse me, I have to go to the restroom, I'll be back in a minute..."

Adrien nodded, surprised at her sudden need to leave the table.

She's really thin already, though... he thought, watching the brunette's back as she walked away.