13~ CCG

Fun fact- when I first discovered Miraculous Ladybug it was because people were posting about it on Instagram, and from the photos I saw I originally thought that Chat Noir was a girl. Tbh he would've made a pretty awesome girl.

And here is another filler chapter! *cries*

___________________________________________________________________________

Marinette woke up late, rushing downstairs after hastily throwing on her clothes and splashing some water on her face to wake her up.

She took the coffee offered to her by her mother and ran out the door, bag in hand as she crossed the street and rushed up the school steps into the building.

In her panic-induced haze she didn't even notice the dark car parked out front, or the nicely dressed duo that exited the vehicle.

Marinette burst into the classroom just as the bell rung, and let out a deep breath as she collapsed into her seat by Alya and let her head fall onto the desk, who laughed at her friend's ridiculous actions.

"How could you possibly be late today of all days?" Alya asked, "Or did your mind go on vacation and forget again?"

"Nope," Marinette replied, "my mind's still here, I'm just tired." She lifted her head from the wood, picking up the coffee and taking a sip in hope that the caffeine would help her stay awake, "I ended up helping close the café yesterday, and there was a bunch of messy costumers, then I still had homework..."

"Give yourself a break every now and then, don't overwork yourself when you still have school!"

The teacher then entered the classroom, followed by two people.

Marinette's blood ran cold, she'd forgotten all about today.

Since it was the last day of their "ghoul" unit in school, the CCG sent two investigators.

She couldn't slip up, not in the slightest, not as long as they were here.

When she was finally able to muster up enough courage to look at them.

The ghoul was surprised by how young the two of them were, but even more so by how the girl resembled her.

She was a few inches shorter than her blonde-haired partner, and her long black hair was pulled up into a bun, chocolate-brown eyes scanning over the students cheerfully.

Her partner looked quite different, and — though Marinette hated to admit it — looked like he could be related to Adrien. He had blonde hair that was slicked back over his head, and green eyes that were emotionless and cold, his posture alone sent off warning of "if you talk to me you're dead".

"Class, please welcome the lovely Ms. Bridgette Pain and Mr. Felix Agreste, the representatives from the CCG that will be answering your questions." Mrs. Bustier announced, before moving to her desk to let the two speak.

Bridgette smiled warmly, waving to the class as she set her silver briefcase down, "Good morning everyone! My name is Bridgette, I'm a rank 1 investigator from the CCG, and my partner — Monsieur Agreste — is a rank 2 investigator."

Felix nodded in confirmation, and Marinette could see the hint of an amused smile form on his stone-like face when Bridgette spoke.

Bridgette opened a file that she'd been holding, heading over to the projector and turning it on, "Anyone who had any questions, please, don't be afraid to ask!" she called, placing the files under the projector.

Alya's hand shot up, and Bridgette laughed as she called on her, "Yes, girl with the awesome hair, ask away!"

Her eyes gleamed as she asked her question, "So, ghouls can't eat human food, right? What would happen if they consumed it?"

"Normally the food would taste too terrible for them to even try consuming in the first place. Imagine having to consume a pill without water, and chewing it before swallowing, your body automatically tries to reject the foul flavor of the medicine." Alya nodded as Bridgette spoke, eager to hear more, "In the odd chance they do consume some, it weakens the ghoul considerably, like poison would weaken a human."

"So then how do they blend in with humans?" Alya wondered aloud, and to everyone's surprise Felix was to one to reply.

"They teach themselves to act normal, and avoid eating when possible." he said. His voice had a low tone, and he crossed his arms over his chest. "They consume the food, and leave to throw it all up when they can."

Adrien raised his hand after Felix spoke, and the man sighed, "Yes, Adrien?"

"How would you be able to tell a ghoul apart from a normal human? I mean, everyone gets sick from eating a certain thing every once and a while, how would you know for sure unless they show their kagune?"

Felix sighed, going to the files that were projected at the front as Marinette leaned forward, "Do you know him?" she asked.

"He's my older cousin," Adrien whispered quickly, turning back to the class as a page was revealed on the overhead.

Marinette's head spun as she tried to process this new information. He had a cousin?

"There is a type of cell that a ghoul possesses in much larger numbers than humans, the RC cells. They obtain them by consuming humans." Felix began explaining, and the photo of what looked like a security metal detector appeared in the screen, "This can be used to determine the amount of RC cells in one's body, and thus if they're a ghoul or not."

The ghoul felt herself involuntarily stiffen.

She'd known that if you were under the suspicion of being a ghoul you had to be tested and turn in a form with the number of RC cells you possessed... but could they really find out that easily if you were one?

The duo then stopped accepting questions, and switched the projector screen to that of a laptop, playing what appeared to be a recruitment video for the CCG.

Marinette tried to pay attention, and went along with Alya's excitement as the video went on, but she was unable to think of anything but that device. How had they not known of it's existence before? It was easy to get a fake doctor's sheet, but for rearranging your cell number entirely? The thought made Marinette want to cry.

There was no way for a ghoul to get past an RC cell reader, that was the one thing Marinette knew for certain.