3~ Tragedy

Note to anyone reading this- don't follow someone you barely know into a dark alley. It never ends well.

*casually had no idea how to write the beginning of this chapter*

(Also, if there's any ridiculous spelling of a word or name or whatever, blame auto-correct, idk how to turn it off and it's driving me insane)

_______________________________________________________________________________________

Everything was dark.

Coldness engulfed Adrien, and he was vaguely aware of the frantic voices around him, something about an organ transplant, someone dying.

It occurred to him that he was the one dying.

His consciousness never stayed for too long, but he was aware of a nagging sensation in his stomach whenever he drifted awake.

Hunger, hunger so painful that he wasn't even sure if it was even that.

His eyes drifted open for a period second, and it felt as if his left eye held a strange sort of power.

Adrien was just barely able to make out the hospital's ceiling before his mind was dragged into unconsciousness.

•  •  •

Adrien was recovering incredibly fast for someone with an organ transplant, and only a few days had passed before they finally allowed his dad in to see him.

The look in the man's eyes came close to concern about his son's safety, but Adrien was sure he'd just imagined it when the same man began scolding him a second later.

"You were out how long past curfew? And you didn't even say anything! It's almost as if you've forgotten what's been happening around the Notre Dame, around Paris at night!"

Adrien tuned most of the lecture out, nodding when needed and answering any simple questions thrown his way.

He wasn't concerned about any of that.

What he was concerned about was how, whenever he tried to eat, the food would taste old, rotten.

Yet he was hungry.

Adrien was released from the hospital a week later, when his father explained that he had to go on a business trip to Tokyo for a month, and needed Adrien's caretakers to adapt to taking care of Adrien as he recovered.

For most of the next day, he found himself sitting in his room, hunger gnawing at the edges of his stomach, and Adrien wondered how long it would take for someone to notice how he wasn't eating, how he ended up coughing and spitting up everything he tried to consume.

Fortunately Gorilla and Natalie were working in their offices, doing whatever work they were assigned by his dad.

He snuck downstairs that night, turning on the living room's TV as he grabbed the box of croissants that his father purchased for Adrien when he was released.

He still hadn't touched them.

Adrien sat down on the couch, flipping through the channels absentmindedly until the title of a news segment caught his eyes.