Dressing The Part

Kara

I stepped through the double doors and came to an abrupt halt.

O.M.G!

I was expecting to see a wardrobe with some dresses hanging up, not a clothing store, I mean I had looked in shop windows at the beautiful clothes hanging on rails, while shop assistants flitted about potential customers handing them garments to look at or try on.

Yes! I had day dreamed that one day I would be that customer and that thought would last as long as it took for the police to come and move me on as I was putting the customers off in the swanky boutique from spending their money on another dress for a lavish banquet or whatever.

Anyway back to the present.

I was in a boutique, but even with my limited knowledge of fashion I could see these were way better than the garments I had admired in those shop windows, there were clothes hanging everywhere and drawers and mirrors and makeup filling the top of a dressing table.

I just stood and stared, Maddie walked on unaware of my shocked status, until she reached a rack of dresses and started to sort through them, pulling out a pale blue dress.

Turning to see where I was, she smiled seeing me frozen in time with my mouth agape and before I could engage my brain, my mouth took over.

"You have your own shop!"

At first Maddie looked at me with a puzzled expression, before gazing around and then I think she realised what I had said, because she hid a chuckle behind the dress she was holding, then lowering the garment she coughed to regain her composure.

"No silly these are all mine this is my wardrobe.

This made me look around again a lot slower this time as I was in awe.

"Do you have a different outfit Every day?"

"No not really, it's just nice to have a choice, as to what to wear to all the different events I have to attend"

"Wow!" I exclaimed.

"If I had all these clothes I would never be able to choose, they are all so beautiful"

"Well you're welcome to come in anytime and wear what you like"

I stepped back and held my hands palms out as though pushing myself backwards.

"Oh no I would never do that, they're yours and they are way to nice and pretty for the likes of me, so thanks but I'll pass on that"

Maddie stood and stared at me as though she was studying a new life form, then she approached me holding the dress out in front of her.

"Here I think this one will look pretty on you"

I stepped back.

"Umm, I was thinking maybe just a pair of jeans and a top, you know something not so expensive just in case I spill something down it"

I gave her my best puppy dog look, obviously she was not a dog lover.

"No way, you are going out with my brother, therefore you are going to look stunning, it's my reputation at stake here, so just get use to it, now get your ass in the shower and then I can do your hair and makeup"

She literally shoved me through a door into a large bathroom.

Shit her wardrobe even has a bathroom.

Did I say bathroom, well more like a sales advertisement I've seen watching TVs through shop windows, this place was huge, a shower you could fit six people in, two sinks a massive bath and other porcelain objects that I hadn't a clue what they did, fully tiles in beige and pale pink, matching towels and accessories and boy what an array of accessories, you could literally chose what you wanted to smell like.

Stripping off, I entered the shower cubicle via the sliding door and was confronted by a large plastic box with knobs and controls dotted all over it.

"Sheesh all I want is a shower, how the hell do you start the thing"

After various attempts to get water to come out, I was getting to the stage where washing in the sink or a bath seemed like a good idea.

"Hey! I can't hear the shower are you all right in there?"

"No not really, how do you get water to come out"

I thought I heard a chuckle, before the door opened and Maddie drifted in.

She was smiling brightly, or at least until she saw the scars and marks on my body, where upon she gasped and placed her hand over her mouth.

"Oh my god Kara, what happened?"

Now feeling self conscious I wrapped my hands around my body and backed out the shower, grabbing my ratty sweatshirt and trying to pull it over my head whilst hiding my scars.

Then all of a sudden my struggle stopped as my sweatshirt was ripped off my head and tossed to one side.

"Oh no you don't" Maddie was angry I could see it in her eyes.

"You get in there now and shower" literally pushing me in and pushing a few buttons causing water to cascade down on my head making me yelp as it was darn cold.

"Now you shower and then put these on" holding up a set of silky looking lingerie.

I started to protest, but was cut off as Maddie glared at me.

"For your information missy your stuff is going in the bin and don't you dare try and argue with me, do you hear"

All I could do was nod, not really able to argue my case shut in a shower.

"Good glad that's settled, this afternoon we are going to set you up with a new wardrobe" and she glared at me again daring me to argue.

Sighing I nodded again, I would fight this once I was out and dressed, there is something that makes me feel vulnerable when being stark naked and I needed to argue the toss once dressed and on equal terms.

But for now I would enjoy this gorgeous shower, before facing the she devil, hell I think I liked her more when she didn't like me, if you know what I mean.

Eventually I press the large red button and the water ceased, enabling me to exit the cubicle and grab a towel and boy oh boy these towels were heavenly, I could walk around in them all day, well perhaps not.

Just as I was finishing drying myself and preparing to face Maddie the door swung open and in she stepped.

"Good you've finished now let's get you dressed" following her out the door wrapped in that wonderful warm sensuous towel, I was ready to do battle and as I opened my mouth to vent my feelings, I looked up and stuttered to a halt my mouth slammed shut and my eyes widened in sheer panic.