Night Out

Kara

Now I have never been out partying before, therefore my complete ignorance of what partying in a nightclub entailed was the source of amusement to the others.

So there won't be balloons, party hats and a cake with candles then, apparently not.

The limo, oh yes limo complete with driver and a couple of security guys dropped us right outside the venue, where we bypassed the queue waiting patiently by the doors and walked straight pass the door security into the noisiest, most packed place I have ever seen, so much so I felt the panic start rise in my stomach.

Having been on my own in wide open spaces most of my life, jostling through a crowd of hyper people, being knocked and pushed about, that's​ without the groping from the males, surrounded the bar area.

Luckily Maddie being who she is and probably who her friends were as well, had a table roped off for us and I gratefully ​sank into the chair the furthest distance from the activity.

"Well Kara what will you have" Maddie literally shouted at me to be heard over the din.

"Sorry?" I questioned.

"To drink Kara, what do you want to drink"

"Oh nothing thanks I don't drink" well I haven't drank yet and after mixing with drunks and the smell of their clothes and breath, I can't say it really appealed to me.

"You can't come out partying and not drink it's just not done, I'll get you a few shots that will get you going.

She was probably right, I wanted to go now, I was so far outside my comfort zone that I couldn't​ remember what constituted my comfort zone.

Soon Maddie and one of her friends, who's name escaped me returned to the table armed with a tray each of small glasses​ of brightly coloured liquid in and the others started to get excited grabbing a glass or two as soon as the trays were put down and drinking them down in one fell swoop.

Poppy Placed two glasses in front of me and jerked her head to encourage me to drink, knowing they wouldn't​ give up, I sighed and picked up a glass of bright green stuff and lifted it slowly towards my mouth, as it reached my lips I could​ sniff the potent smell that made my nose wrinkle in disgust, tentatively I took a sip.

God that was awful, how could people drink this stuff.

As I started coughing much to everyone elses amusement, though that didn't stop them from pushing me to finish the drink and start on another one.

By the time I was on my third drink, I had got use to its taste, though I can't say I was hooked on it, I could now drink without coughing or pulling faces,which seemed to please the girls.

I liked Maddie and her friends as they didn't judge me or think I was strange and if they did they didn't show it.

After the initial question of me and any boyfriend's​ which made me stiffen and close down, before Maddie rescued me and changed the subject, after that they seemed to get the message that it was a sore subject and left it at that.

Suddenly during our banter and story telling which centred mainly on shopping and boys, college and boys and holidays and yep boys, a group of lads came sauntering over to our table and started to pair off standing behind or at the side of one of us and joined into the conversation.

The boy who stood next to me seemed like a nice guy, though he was quite shy and kept pushing his glasses back up his nose with his fore finger and while all the other couples chatted away we were silent, it was apparent that he struggled to talk to girls as much as I struggled to hold a normal conversation as usually with guys I was always bargaining for food or my virtue to stay in tacked.

"H... h.... hi" he eventually managed to stammer out.

"Hi" I replied.

Then there was more silence between us, obviously this was going to take a lot of effort from both of us.

"Um, would you like a drink" he tried again.

"No thank you, I'm not much of a drinker"

And this is how we progressed for the next ten minutes or so, eventually he managed to sit down next to me and I found him to be quite cute, I mean he didn't demand anything from me or expect any favours and everytime he spoke to me he blushed.

The more we spoke the more confident we became with each other, don't get me wrong this relationship if that's what it was building up to be, was going nowhere, I do not do relationships ever and have no intention of starting now, plus I had my goal and that was to serve my time and highball it out of here, get back to England somehow and find my parents.

"Uh oh, here comes trouble" muttered Carrie Anne and all heads swivelled around in the direction she was facing to see Trent and the group from the pool party arriving.

"Come on" urged Maddie, "Let's go and dance"

And before I could say anything, both Craig and I were forcibly dragged to our feet and ushered onto the dance floor.

Yes I found out that much from Mr shy guy his name was Craig and he was in college studying business and politics, he had never seriously dated, well that made two of us and he couldn't dance, so really we were a match made in heaven as I couldn't either.

But under duress we shuffled and shook our bodies while facing each other from a respectable two feet apart, trying to mimic those around us.

After a few dances we started to find some rhythm and expanded on our movements as confidence and alcohol intake increased and as a slow number was played the girls literally shoved the two of us together and I found the old uncomfortable feelings of clinging onto a guy resurface, but I noticed that Craig seemed just as uncomfortable and that quelled my rising fears to some extent.

He's not like the others, he's a nice guy. I chanted to myself.

Looking over his shoulder as we continued to dance I caught sight of Trent dancing a few feet away holding on to one of the bimbos who had insulted me, his eyes transfixed on me and the look on his face showed he was not in a happy mood.

Wonder why he's so pissed I thought.

Then the girl he was dancing with pulled his attention away from me and on to her where she reached up and pulled him into a kiss.

Witnessing this made my stomach broil and anger course though me I don't know why, but I hated watching him kiss that girl.

So I turned to Craig and said out loud so he could hear me above the music.

"Kiss me"

"What!" He exclaimed.

By now we had danced round so my back was to Trent.

"I said you can kiss me if you want"

He had a look of surprise on his face that quickly turned into a broad smile and he leant forward as did I ready to engage in my first willing kiss.