The Hogwarts Express: 1911

Nothing changed for Amber. That is, until fourth year...

"Newt!"

I see the familiar brownish red haired, green eyed boy making his way over to me and Leta. He's changed over the summer. He's grown a few inches. And he's wearing some new scars. His voice has deepened a bit too.

"Hey Amber, hey Leta!"

"What happened to you?"

"I've been taking care of Mum's Hippogriffs. She's been busy taking care of Dad. He's not been well."

"Oh..."

We climb onto the Hogwarts Express and sit in the same compartment together. Newt seems to be a bit more fidgety than normal. I look at him

"Hey, what's wrong?" I ask.

"It's just been so hard with Dad being ill. I'm scared for him." He says.

I squeeze his hand.

"It's going to be ok Newt. Hopefully."

I wince at my choice of words. But Newt doesn't mind. He smiles at me a little. I smile back. Leta sniggers at me. I read her mind, unable to stop myself.

"I'm not flirting!" I say indigantly.

I clap my hand over my mouth. I didn't want anyone other than Leta to know! Newt looks at me. Then he realises.

"You can read minds." He says.

"Yes. I'm a Legilimens." I say sheepishly. But he smiles.

"That's so cool." He says.

I smile at him. My mind wanders and I read Leta's mind again. I scowl at her.

"Shut up!" I say. She smiles at me. I can't help but smile back at her.

Suddenly the train stops. We're back! We're back at Hogwarts! The three of us step off the train and go to the magical coaches. Another year at Hogwarts has begun!

Sorry for the short chapter.