The pains of Blackmail: 1911

I wake up the next day. At first I don't remember why I have a sinking feeling in the pit of my stomach. I change into my uniform and walk to the Great Hall. The first thing I notice is Oscar. He's seen me and is smirking. Then I remember. The blackmail!

"Hey, feeling OK?"

Leta looks at me. I sit next to her and smile.

"Yes."

I get myself some porridge but as I eat a spoonful, I see Newt. He's reading. I can see a smile on his face. My stomach flips as I remember what I have to do to him. My appetite disappears and I push the bowl away. I try to shove the thought out of my mind by thinking of first lesson. Herbology. With the Hufflep-ughh!

I follow Leta to the greenhouses and we go in one. I sit next to Newt and see Oscar opposite me.

"Good Morning class."

Good Morning Professor Furose."

"Today we will be collecting pus from Bubotuber Plants. Put on your Dragon hide gloves now."

I pull mine on and see that Newt doesn't have a pair.

"Newt. Don't you have a pair?" I ask. He looks at me.

"I should do but someone took them. But I've never got pus on me ever so I should be fine."

'Well, there's a first for everything.' I think.

I look at Oscar. He smiles at me.

"Do it, Amber." He whispers. "Do it."

I 'accidently' squeeze the pus in the direction of Newt. It covers his hands and somehow a drop gets on the end of his nose. I watch as disgusting boils appear on his hands and one on his nose. Leta notices too.

"Newt! What did you do?" She whispers.

Newt looks at me. I let a bit of my hair flop over my face, hiding my blush.

"It wasn't me. Amber accidently squeezed some pus on me. Ow-w"

He winces as the boils begin to hurt.

"Erm, Professor Furose -ow- Amber accidently squeezed some pus on -ow- me. Ow-w!"

"Mr Scamander, Go to the hospital wing. Miss Gisburn, 5 points from Slytherin."

I see a few Slytherins glaring at me. I watch as Newt walks to the hospital wing. I turn around and Oscar is looking at me.

"That wasn't good enough, Gisburn. You need to hurt Newt again. Harder. Or I'll be calling you Grinde-"

"Shut up! Fine. After lunch."

He smirks at me.

I put my head in my hands. Why's life so hard?