The worst day ever - Part 2: 1911

"Newt!"

I run over to him. I saw him leave the Great Hall at breakfast.

"What happened?"

He passes me the letter he got, too sad to actually speak. It's smudged a bit but I can still read it.

Dear Newt,
I'm sorry to tell you this but your father's illness won the battle. The funeral is next Sunday from 3:00 till 5:00 in the afternoon. You can bring a friend if you wish. I know you're devastated. We all are. But I'm sure everything's going to be alright.

I love you lots.
Mum xx

"Newt. I'm so sorry." I whisper.

I sit next to him and he rests his head on my shoulder. I hold his hand as he starts crying again. I know he can't help it. It's awful. I think about the funeral and turn to him.

"Hey, what if I come to the funeral with you?"

He looks at me, tears still rolling down his face.

"Um, o-ok." He says, his voice wobbling a bit.

"I know how you feel."

"You do?"

"Yeah, I lost a family member too."

"Oh. I'm so sorry."

"It's fine. It was ages ago. Mum died when I was like, three."

"Oh.."

He starts looking around.

"Hey, where's L-Leta?" He asks, changing the subject.

"Leta? She's still in the Great Hall." I say.

"Oh..." Says Newt, wiping his eyes with the back of his hand.

I pull out my handkerchief and pass it to him. He wipes his eyes and gives it back. I help him up and we walk back to school. It's a Saturday so there's no lessons. We decide to go to the Library as there's a Care of Magical Creatures test on Monday. I know the next few weeks are going to be hard for Newt so I'm going to be there for him as much as possible. Whenever he needs me. As will Leta. Once I actually tell her.

AN: Hi readers! I just want to promote my fandom book 'Fandoms United'. It's a book full of fandom related posts for every fandom.