Fight Scene: 1914

The two sides, good and evil, stood facing each other brandishing their wands. But which side is which?

That thought keeps running through my mind as the sky lights up with spells. I'm dogeing and diving, twisting this way and that, rolling on the ground to survive. Leta is beside me, firing spell after spell just to see tomorrow come. This is torture!

Out of the corner of my eye, I can see Newt. He's hiding up a tree, a panicked look plastered on his face. I want to talk to him so bad. To hug him so bad. To kiss him so bad. After all, I probably won't get another chance in a long time.

I glance at Leta but she is to busy fighting to notice me. I only have one chance to see Newt. I can't mess up. Quickly, I duck behind a bush and transform. Then I sneak out, ducking once in a while, and run over to Newt. I scale the tree with ease and, balancing on the branch, I sofly mew at Newt. He turns to me.

"Hey, what are you doing here, cat? It's dangerous. You should run back home."

I mew again. He turns to me once more.

"I told you. You should-"

He stops, recognising my eyes. He smiles.

"Amber?"

I look around before changing back. He hugs me, smiling. I feel a warm, fuzzy feeling inside.

"Hey."

"I was so worried about you. Theseus told me that there was to be a battle between us and Grindelwald and I knew you'd be here. That's why I came. To protect you. And Leta."

I smile. He came just to protect me and Leta. I love him so much. Slowly, I lean into him and capture his lips in mine. He turns red, startled slightly, but soon relaxes. We kiss for a good ten seconds before I break, anxious to get back.

"I'm sorry Newt. I have to go."

I slip down from the tree and quickly, run back. But I see a spell, green in colour, heading to Newt. I make my decision and run.

Father always said that he did the things he did for the greater good. And, as the curse hits me, I know that I'm dying for the greater good.

Just like father would want.