A new friend: 1908

Potions was quite a good lesson actually. Although I'm not the best at it (Leta is way better), it went well. Professor Warren is a good teacher. But not one to cross.

It's free period now and Leta and I are in the courtyard. We are sitting on a tree eating Chocolate Frogs when, suddenly, we hear someone shouting.

"No! Please, don't! You'll ruin it!"

"Who said that?" Asks Leta.

"I think I know. Come on." I say.

We stick our cards in our robes (I got another Morgana and Leta got Paracelsus for the first time) and head in the direction of the shouts.

We find Oscar and Solomon bullying again. Solomon is ripping pages out of a hardback book and Oscar is holding back a familiar boy with brownish red curls and a face full of freckles. It's Newton!

"Do you know what book that is?"

I turn to Leta.

"No. I've not seen it in the library."

I hear Oscar's voice again.

"OK then. You heard him Solomon. Focus on the boy instead. Levicorpus!"

We peek around the tree to see Solomon and Oscar pointing their wands at Newton. They turn him upside down and shake him as his belongings fall out of his pocket. Finally, I can't take it anymore and step out from behind the tree, Leta following.

"Hey!! Leave him alone!" I shout. They both turn around.

"What do you want, Amber!" Says Oscar. Solomon, as always, is left speechless by my appearance.

"Leave him alone!" I repeat.

A smile appears on Oscar's face.

"OK then. Liberacorpus!"

"No!"

Newton drops to ground, resulting in a sickening crunch.

"You'll pay for that! Rictusempra!" I shout.

A stream of red light hits him, sending him backwards onto the ground. Solomon, on seeing this, runs over to Oscar and pulls him away.

I turn to Newton. He winces in pain as he tries to get up. Leta and I run over to him.

"Are you alright?" Leta asks him.

"I-I think so." He says.

I grab his left wrist to help him up but he gasps in pain.

"What?" I ask, taking my hand back.

"I think I may have broken my wrist." He says, rubbing it and wincing.

"Definitely broken. Ow."

He looks around.

"Erm, where's my book?

I get up to look and I see it in a bush. Four screwed up pages lay next to the bush. Solomon must have dropped it before they made the poor boy float. Newton sees it immediately.

"No." He says.

He tries to get up, forgetting about his wrist which shakes violentley underneath him, and collapses again. Leta helps him up and he runs over to me.

"No..." He repeats.

He takes the book from me and holds it close to his chest, tears slowly rolling down his face.

"Hey, don't cry. Look, we'll fix it later, once you get out of the hospital wing." I say. He looks at me.

"Really? You mean it?" He asks.

"Of course Newton." Says Leta.

"You can call me Newt." He says shyly.

"Oh. I'm Amber and that's Leta." I say.

I smile at him and we take him to the hospital wing. Leta and I stay with him until he can leave. It doesn't take long for his wrist to be fixed and when it is, we go to the Library to fix the book.

"What's the spell again?" I say.

"Give the book to me." Replies Leta.

"Libro Reparo." She says.

The pages seal themselves back into their places and I look at the cover.

"Hippogriffs: A Guide. First edition? How come you have this?"

I turn to Newt.

"It's part of my family." He replies, not looking at me.

"I had to fight Theseus, my brother, for it. He gave me this."

He lifts the front of his hair up and points to a scar on his forehead.

"Ouch. Anyway, what are you doing tomorrow?" I ask.

"I'm just going to be in here again. Always am at the weekends." He says. I smile.

"Well then, We'll see you here tomorrow." I say.

"You mean it?"

"Yes. That's what friends do." Says Leta.

"Friends? I've never had friends before."

Leta and I exchange glances at each other.

"Oh. Well you do now. See ya."

Leta and I walk to to the Great Hall for the evening feast. I'm so hungry. I can't wait to see Newt tomorrow. He's so nice.

An: Hi guys, girlwithatimeturner here. I can't believe I've got 80 reads already! That may seem like a small number to you but it means a lot to me. Thankyou so much everyone!! I hope you're enjoying the story so far!!