Chapter One | A Rainy Night

At first, it was light rain that was pouring down. But now, it has gotten worse. Every few seconds there would be lightening, and the clouds will roar very loud. Kae didn't pay too much attention to it, because she wasn't that scared.

That didn't mean that she was the only one who was scared that night. Many people feared thunderstorms. And one particular person hated it, he couldn't stand thunderstorms because it scared him to death. But he wasn't thinking what would have happened if he ran away on a night like this.

The streets were ghost towns. The street lights gave some light but not enough. Shamefully, she drove through two red lights and kept going because she wanted to go home. Since nobody was around..why not?

It was super dark outside and slippery. The wind gust were powerful that it made the stop signs wiggle. He couldn't take it all, this was his worse nightmare being out during a thunderstorm. He regrets running away, but then again he doesn't.

Just before Kae could turn down her street she saw a figure crouching on the side walk. Nothing was covering the figure, it just kept rocking back and forth. She thought that it might have been another druggie, but then again it could have not been. It was rare to see homeless people in her city, and plus, nobody was even out tonight except for this figure.

She just stopped in the middle of the street debating about getting out and helping the person outside in the rain. She watched how the person rocked back and forth while covering it's ears. She knew that this person needed her help.

Kae got out of the car and ran to the sidewalk. It was raining very hard and wind is very strong. She made her way to the person and noticed that it was a guy. She put a hand over her face to possibly cover her eyes from the rain and it worked a bit. She gentle placed her hand on his shoulder but he didn't budge one bit. She then started tapping his arm and that's when he flinched. The guy looked at her then looked back down and continued to rock back and forth.

"Do you need help?" Kae asked.

Help is what he wanted. So the sound of help made him look at the girl who stood there waiting for a response. He had looked away the next second because he knew that he couldn't hold eye contact for so long or else it would have freaked him out. It was hard for him to communicate at this point in his life. So he tried nodding but Kae was trying to hear an 'okay' or something. But she wasn't gonna get one.

"Well, I'm going to help you," Kae somewhat yelled because the wind was getting very strong. Since the boy wasn't moving, she tried helping him up from the ground but the boy yelled in protest.

"N-n-no!" The boy shouted, he didn't like when people touched him or when people forced him into doing things. Panic rushed in his body so he scooted away.

It was complicated at this point. Kae didn't want to leave this boy but she grew slightly irritated. If he didn't want her help then she would have left by now but something told her to stay and try to work this out.

So she tried another approach. Kae backed away from the boy and opened her passenger door for him. The light came on and hopefully, he would be drawn to that or something.

The boy noticed that the girl backed away from him. Just like the others would. He knew that he must have freaked her out. But at this point he didn't care, he felt like he was gonna die being out here. And his decision making skills weren't good.

He watched how the girl came back to him. And now, she wasn't taking no for an answer or else they were going to fight.

Kae sat on the sidewalk where he was sitting but gave him some space, "I'm going to take care of you, okay? Can you please get in the car?"

He looked at the girl then his eyes flickered to the car that was waiting for him. He didn't know the girl but she didn't seem like a threat in any way. So he tugged at his wet clothes nervously and nodded.

Kae watched how he stood to his feet. He was fairly tall and he wore nice clothes so he couldn't be homeless, right? It wasn't like he had holes or rips but his clothes were actually nice, they were just wet.

He slowly got in the car and started to hug himself because he was very cold, and plus he is in a stranger's car. He didn't know where he was going but he knew that he was gonna get help.

She got back in the car and continued her trip to her house. She looked at the boy and noticed that he was messing with her radio volume and the temperature. When she got in the car she didn't realized that the volume was on an odd number but he made it even. And the nob on the temperature level was on five, he put it on a six then went back to hugging himself.

Once she parked her car in the driveway, she turned off her car and took a deep breath.

"We're gonna go in my house, okay? Will you get out of the car?" Kae asked, her tone calm and smooth.

And he liked the sound of her voice, it was gentle. So he got out of the car and closed it softly. He then turned around and saw the girl waiting for him at the front door of her home. He was grateful that she didn't leave him out here alone or else he would have panicked.

So he walked in the house and stood by the front door. Kae had left for a moment and the rush of anxiety ran through his body because he was left alone. The warmness of the house caused him to like the homey feeling. The house was neatly organized and the lights weren't too bright. But he looked down and noticed that his clothes were dripping wet and it created a puddle underneath him. Even though he couldn't help it, he felt embarrassed.

Kae came back with some clothes, she noticed that he hasn't moved one bit. And that he was very handsome in the light. He had black hair that stuck to his face, and his eyes were squinty yet cute. He looked so vulnerable standing there. But then he grew uncomfortable because she had been staring for a while.

"S-s-stop," he groaned and looked down at his feet.

"I'm sorry," she murmured and walked closer to the boy. "I got clothes for you to put on."

He looked at the clothes that she had in her hands. He slowly reached out and touched it, just to see if he would like it or not. Kae watched as he relaxed when he started to rub the cotton material in her hands.

She smiled slightly at the special boy and cleared her throat, "You can put it on. There's a bathroom down the hall."

He looked at her for a brief second then  back at the clothes in her hands. He gently took the clothes and followed her towards the bathroom. He cringed everytime he walked because his shoes would squish. And once he made it to the bathroom, he placed the clothes neatly on the counter. She watched how his eyes flickered between the different items, he arranged them from bottom to top like he would them on that way. After a while she closed the door and let him be.

She didn't even know what his name was or why he was outside in the rain. He was different and she figured that out right away. All she knew was that he needed her help.

-

so this is my new book , I hope you guys like it ☺️ .

vote/comment/share :)
- BookOfBandz