Chapter Sixteen | Mornings

Kae had woke up in the guest bedroom and looked around. The sun was out and shining through the light blue curtains. She got up from the bed and started to smile because there was so many reasons to smile. And Zayn was the main reason why she had a grin on her face.

Yesterday she received a call from a Harry saying that Zayn remembered her. She talked to him over the phone, cancelled her date early and went over his house. Last night was very eventful.

She got up from the bed, and found her way downstairs. The house was huge and you could easily get lost in it. And it was decorated very nicely as well with simple decorations, it was nice. Kae smelt food and found herself walking in the kitchen. There was Trisha making breakfast for everybody.

"Hi Trisha," Kae said shyly to the woman with her back turned.

Trisha's mother turned around and saw Kae standing there. She smiled at the young lady, "Hi Kae, I didn't know you were here."

"I came here yesterday..uhm Harry called and said that Zayn remembered me..so I came over," she explained with a nervous chuckle m.

Trisha nodded, "Well I don't mind one bit, you are always welcomed here sweetheart."

"Oh thanks," she said. "Do you need help with anything mam?"

"That's nice but I'm alright," Trisha said flipping a pancake with a spatula.

"You have a lovely home by the way," Kae complimented.

"You are so sweet," Trisha smiles. "Zayn must be lucky to have you as a friend."

"I guess so," Kae blushed.

"You know, Zayn talk about you a lot," Trisha hums. "Says you're a great person."

Kae tried to hold back her smile but she couldn't, "He does?"

"All the time, before he was in a coma he talked about you a lot," she says. "Do you want anything dear?"

"Orange juice would be okay," Kae says.

The two ladies chatted until Zayn walked in the kitchen. He saw the girl who wore his clothes then he saw the wonderful who raised him making him breakfast.

"Hi darling," Trisha said to him, she quickly kissed his forehead which made him groan. He saw himself as a big boy and didn't want his mother giving him kisses in front of people like he was a child.

Kae kept his giggles to herself, she thought it was cute when his eyebrows came to a frown. He looked a child that just got told 'no'. It was adorable.

"Hi Zayn," Kae said to him.

"H-Hii," he said shyly.

"You know that your eyes are lighter in the morning. They look nice," she says to him.

Zayn blushed and played with the hems of his shirt, "T-Thank you."

Trisha smiled at the two, even she thought that they would be good for each other. She watched how Kae talked to him but would flirt at the same time and how Zayn would blush at her small compliments. There is so much chemistry between them.

"Goodmorning love birds," Harry yawned as he walked in the kitchen, "Goodmorning Trisha."

"Hi Harry," Trisha blushed when he placed a kiss on her forehead, and that is what annoyed Zayn.

"H-Harry..is sooo a-annoying," Zayn said to Kae and rolled his eyes afterwards which made her laugh at him.

"Don't be rude Zayn," Trisha scolds calmly.

"Yeah, you don't want to be rude to your future wedding planner," Harry smirks.

"S-Shut up," Zayn groaned again.

"That's enough boys," Trisha says to them with a playful tone. Zayn rolled his eyes again and focused on eating his food.

"You know that we have class today," Harry says to Kae.

"Please don't remind me," Kae groaned. "I don't want to go."

"I didn't know you went to school. What are you majoring in Kae?" Trisha asks.

"Literature," Kae says. "I want to become a teacher."

"That's great," Trisha smiles. "Well if you excuse me, I have a few errands to run today. Kae you're in charge."

"Wow," Harry deadpans.

"Haha," Kae sticked her tongue out and laughed.

"Please don't set the house on fire," Trisha sighs. "It won't be long, I'll be back."

"Okay, have fun," Harry says as she leaves the kitchen.

"K-Kae..uhm t-teacher?" Zayn asked, he had heard something about Kae being a teacher.

"I'm not a teacher yet babe," Kae says to him. "But I will be."

"O-Oh," Zayn blinked.

When Trisha left the three spent their day in the living room watching TV. Zayn didn't really pay attention, he was in his own little world of his.

There was a voice floating around in his head, he didn't know who it belonged to but it was similar to Kae's. It was a soft and delicate voice that said nice things about him. He had remembered something about a promise being made when he was in a coma. Zayn didn't know who was talking but he knew that it wasn't his mother's voice..it had to be someone else.

A part of him believes that the voice belonged to Kae, but the other part thought it was crazy. It was no way that Kae said all of those nice things about him. But then again she has said nice things like that before. It was like a mystery that he isn't able to figure out just yet.