Chapter Five | New Friends

After Kae left for class yesterday Jerome and Zayn talked and became acquainted with each other. Even though things were awkward at first, they got along just fine. And Jerome didn't mind that Zayn used some of his clothes, some of them were small and they fitted Zayn well.

When Kae got back she was tired. She is preparing for her finals and it's all tiring. She didn't feel like cooking so she bought food back, took a shower and fell asleep.

But today, she could start class late. That meant that she woke up late and didn't care about her hair being all over the place.

"Can you please do something with that rat's nest on your head? It's a disturbing sight to see in the morning," Jerome snickered.

"Piss off," Kae rolled her eyes and made herself some cereal.

"Aren't you wondering where your boyfriend is?" Jerome grinned.

"Kiss my ass Jerome," she put a spoonful of Fruity Pebbles in her mouth and watched a sleepy Zayn walk into the kitchen.

"H-Hii Kae," he said tiredly, his morning voice sounded like heaven and it caused butterflies to erupt in her stomach.

She got off the bar stool and walked over to him with a smile on his face, "Hi Zayn, do you want cereal?"

He blinked a few times and noticed how curly and poofy her hair was. Zayn wondered if he could play in her hair. But that would be just weird so he kept his hands to himself.

"Uhm..y-yes," he said. "I..I w-will make it..by m-myself."

"Okay," she sat back in her seat and ate her cereal, all while staring at him.

Zayn was a real beauty. His moments were hypnotizing, and his persona was like nobody else's. She noticed how bushy and bold his eyebrows were, his eyelashes were thick and long. Not to mention his jawline or his hazel eyes. She didn't know what he was mixed with. But she most definitely wanted to met his parents. Because their son was a gift to her eyes.

"Stop staring," Jerome started fake cough which made Kae glare at her childish brother.

This time Zayn poured his milk first then his Cheerios. Something that nobody noticed but his mother. Each day he would prepare his cereal differently. And Kae caught on.

"Wassup Zayn," Jerome said to him.

"H-Hi..Rome?" Zayn said, he had forgot his name but he got the last part of it.

"You can call me Rome," Jerome shrugged with a smile.

"Mh'kay," Zayn said and ate his Cheerios, he looked over at Kae and noticed that her hair was falling in her face. She kept trying to blow it but it just kept falling, it made him giggle.

Kae raised an eyebrow at him, "What's funny Zayn?"

"Y-Your..hair," he giggled again.

"What about it?" Kae asked.

"I-It's..big a-and..poofy," he spoke with a kiddy grin on his face.

She smiled at him, "Do you like my hair?"

He nodded, "Mh'yeah."

Even though it was a small compliment, her cheeks flushed which made her older brother roll her eyes.

And Zayn saw the pinkness on her brown cheeks. He didn't know what he did exactly but he liked the pink color on her.

Jerome finished with her cereal, he left the two alone to flirt. When he left, the conversation that they had from yesterday floated through his head. About Kae wanting to be friends made him nervous because she was in the same room with him. And he was afraid that she would turn him down.

So he wanted to be brave and try to talk to her about it, "K-Kae?"

"Yes Zayn?" Kae hummed, putting a strand of hair behind her ear so she could look at him.

He then got nervous and dropped his stare. He tugged the collar of the shirt and grunted, "D-Do..you..l-like Zayn?"

Her eyes widened and she nearly choked on her spit, "W-what?"

"D-Do you..like Zayn..uhm as f-friend?" Zayn asked again, he grew nervous because he couldn't read her facial expression. Maybe this was a bad idea.

"Of course I like you as a friend. Do you like me as a friend?" Kae asked.

He nodded silently and tugged at the shirt again. Zayn didn't know what to say or do at this point. It was awkward for him, but it wasn't awkward for her.

"Do you want to be friends with me?" Kae questioned, she assumed that he wanted her to ask this questions be ahead his eyes lit up.

"Y-yes! I-I mean..yes," he had to calm himself down because he got too excited. But Kae didn't mind because she was excited too.

"Okay, we're friends then," she smiled because she liked the idea of them actual being friends.

"Friends," he said softly then started to smile.

-

some of the boys will be coming to the picture soon , just wait on it babes 😘 .

vote/comment/share :)
- BookOfBandz