Chapter Twenty Five | My Relief

"Hell yes!" Kae cheered and ran down the hallway, everybody either laughed or they looked at her weirdly. But she didn't care, she got a ninety seven on her final.

She rushed back home and started celebrating. Even though she was home alone that didn't stop Kae from opening up some wine and pouring herself a glass then quickly chugging it down. At first, she thought she was happy but she didn't really feel happy. She felt like she was missing someone important. Now being slightly tipsy, she didn't know why she was feeling this way.

Looking at the wine bottle she sighed and put it back up. Kae didn't need to celebrate right now. Things didn't feel right for her to be all this happy. She did pass all of her finals and now she can graduate and pursue her teaching career, but it just didn't feel right.

After sitting in her room and slowly sobering up for some hours, she came to sense that it was Zayn. Kae missed him so much it was crazy. They haven't talked to each other in a week after Kae snapped at him when he tried to call. She's been worried sick.

So she decided to give him a call, dialing his number and putting the phone to her ear. The phone rang about three times before it picked up.

"Zayn? U-Uh..it's Kae," she says softly. "I just wanted to give you a call."

"Mh'okay," Zayn said over the phone.

Kae sighed. "Are you mad at me? I haven't spoken to you in a week and—,"

That's when the phone hung up. Kae tossed her phone to the side and groaned. He was definitely mad at her, she thought. But that wasn't the case, he just didn't feel like talking to anyone right now. And sadly, she didn't know that.

Kae was sober now, so she grabbed her keys and left the house. She was nervous that something might be wrong, so she drove to the Malik's residence.

Zayn honestly didn't think that Kae would come. He didn't mean to hang up on her, he just wasn't feeling it. He he wanted to go unbothered for a while. But when there was a knock in his door, he opened it and there stood Kae.

"Can we please talk?" Kae asked softly.

Zayn looked down in shame. He grew nervous because they haven't talked in a long time and that really bothered him. So he tried his best to keep his distance but Kae wouldn't let that happen.

He let her in the room and closed the door. She sat on his bed with her ankles crossed and her hands underneath her thighs. Oh boy was she nervous. Zayn took a seat next to her and pinched his lips together, he has never been in a situation like this before.

It was quiet at first and Kae knew that Zayn wasn't going to he the first to speak, so she said something first, "I am very sorry that I snapped at you over the phone last week. I swear that I didn't even check who was calling and I just feel really bad for it."

"M-Me..hasn't..b-been..been d-doing too good," he mumbles.

She felt his forehead to see if he was sick, and he wasn't, "What you mean?"

Zayn sighed and rubbed his forehead with his thumb and index fingers. He might as well tell her now, "H-had to..g-go..go see my..papa..i-in..jail."

"Oh, I'm sorry sweetie," Kae said to him. "How do you feel about it?"

He honestly didn't have any words to describe how he was feeling. His own father is in jail right now. He loved his father so much. Just thinking about it made his eyes water and they fell down his cheeks. It broke Kae's heart seeing him like this. He doesn't deserve to cry, he doesn't deserve to be put through this, and he doesn't deserve to be heartbroken because of it.

Kae was quick to wipe his tears but only more came. He started to sob and that's when she pulled him in. And this is what he needed, some comfort from his lady friend. He missed her so much.

"It's okay Zayn," Kae cooed. "I'm here for you. Whenever you need me..I'm here."

Zayn cried on her shoulder for the rest of the day and Kae didn't mind at all. This is her baby boy your talking about. He is very important you her, no matter what.

After a while, his sobbing stopped. Kae pulled away from their embrace and wiped the tears off his face with the pad of her thumbs. She leaned in and kissed his lips softly and slowly, he reacted instantly and kissed her back, getting with her pace.

"My baby," Kae kissed his lips many times making him giggle. "See, there goes that handsome smile."

Zayn looked away from her and blushed. This woman could do almost anything and he would just melt.

"Let's get comfortable and lay down, yeah?" Kae suggested and he nodded.

Kae stood up from the bed helped Zayn up as well. She kissed his lips just to reassure him that everything is going to be okay. After she pulled back she lifted his shirt and pulled it over his head. He giggled just because.

She then took off her shoes and stripped from her pants. When Kae looked at Zayn she saw that his face was super red, she didn't know why exactly but she just shrugged it off and hopped in the bed with him.

When they got settled in the comfortable king sized mattress Zayn squeezed her curvy body that he missed holding. Kae played with his gorgeous jet black hair that didn't have any gel on it. His hair was wild and she kinda liked it.

"Babe," Kae spoke.

"Hm?" Zayn hummed.

"I hope you know how much I care for you, because I really do care," she said, trying to sensor her words for him but Zayn could tell that she wanted to say something else.

He looked at her with those brown eyes, "L-Like..love?"

"Yeah baby..like love."

-

coach made me do stairs drills for missing practice 💀😭 i got home and I was knocked .

Saved In Drafts and Edited :
January 2nd, 2017
6:55pm

vote/comment/share :)
- BookOfBandz