Chapter Seven

Chapter Seven -The Great Toilet Paper Challenge

"I feel like Santa Clause, Jude. What with this giant sack full with ten pounds of toilet paper, I might as well go around gifting people with the joy of some nice two ply heaven. Christmas in July and all of that, you know, so it wouldn't be all that weird."

            "It's not even July yet, weirdo." He stops walking, giving me no time to stop my pace before it's too late. His stupidity sends me knocking into his backside, pathetically losing my balance.  It didn't end up the way it did in ever Chick Flick ever, with Jude catching me in his strong arms.

            I stub my exposed toes into the back of his legs, making me let out let out a stream of course words my grandmother would make me wash my mouth out with. I reach down to hug the poor stumps, letting small whimpers escape out of my throat. I'll never recover from this tragic affair.

            "June and July is basically the same thing," I whine once the pain numbs down a little bit to where I can handle it.

            He reaches down in the big sack of mine, pulling out a roll. Jude holds one up to my head and threats me with the scary cloth of death.  "If you don't stop talking, I will shove multiple rolls of toilet paper in your mouth." With his eye raising and a playful glare in his eyes, he means business.

            "How rude," the iconic words slip out without me even realizing it until Meredith points it out.

            "Dude, is it like a hobby of yours to keep quoting shows from our childhood? First Drake and Josh and now Full House. Will it ever stop?"

            "I don't even like Full House all that much -" Jude begins to say in his seemingly normal tone of voice, the words oozing with obvious patheticness.

            "How in the world can you hate Full-" he cuts me off before I can tell him how stupid he is.

            "I never understood all of the hype surrounding it, really."

            "Nope," I reject his words, "you did not just say that.

            "Oh yes I did," he snaps his fingers in z formation, his lips puckered.

            "You guys need to pipe down," Meredith promptly quiets our debate down.  "We've arrived at our final destination."

            Jude barely even looks away from Meredith, obviously not surprised as to where we've stopped walking. Thinking about it in my depth, I realize my blonde moment. He was the one who came into the cabin, declaring we go on the adventure of our lifetimes. He had a plan in mind, so of course he wouldn't be the slightest bit surprised now that we're arrived.

            Meredith, who was surprised when Jude previously walked through the door, couldn't have known all about his plans. She should have followed Jude like I did, no idea what was going on. If all that is true, how is she the one who directed us here at the right spot?

            “I don’t get it,” I tell Meredith with my hand pressed against my forehead in confusion. “If this was all Jude’s idea to go on an adventure or whatever, how do you know exactly where to go?”

            “Oh,” she begins by turning around to face me fully, opposed to only being halfway facing me like she was before. “Jude’s been talking of planning this quest for weeks now. As of last week, I didn’t know when he was going to do it, as he didn’t know either. Obviously something happened since then.”