Chapter Eight

Chapter Eight -A Picture to Last a Lifetime

"You've been here for less than a month and you already have Jude following you around like a little lost puppy."

            I turn to face the squeaky voice of Jacque, one of the members of the gossip girls. Out of the mountain of girls that seem to fall under that category, she sure is the most annoying. The girl will never stop up with her gossiping or complaining for one moment. When it seems like she ran out of things to say, she just starts complaining about she ran out of topic. It's really quite frustrating to even be in a ten foot radius of the tall girl who's hair is even bigger than I am.

            "I do not have Jude wrapped around my finger like that," I tell her in a bored tone of voice.

            Jacque may be one of the prettiest girls ever, but boy is she dumb. To think that Jude, who is always so natural friendly to everyone who he doesn’t deem a moron, is being especially nice to me in that kind of way, she must be out of her mind.

            He's a friend that I've grown really close with these past few weeks. He's always hanging around our cabin, which is a completely natural thing for him to do considering Meredith is his best friend. It just so happens that I live with Meredith now, forcing me to hang out with him.

            Not that I mind all that much.

            By Jacque’s logic of people being to me is really a sign that want to me more than friends, then the entirely of Elliston must want to jump in my pants. That obviously isn't true, considering the wide ranges of the kinds of people here. It's called being civilized human beings. Jacque should really learn what that means.

            "You obviously haven't seen the way he looks at you. Everyone is betting on just how long it takes for you two to hook up, any day now. If you could make it by Friday, I'd really appreciate that."

            I roll my eyes at her words, so obviously knowing she's only saying this to spark up some rumors like she always does. "There is no special way he looks at me, Jacque. Stop being so ridiculous or next you’re going to say that you see pigs flying across the sky."

            "Oh, Lennon." The girl's voice drops lower, taking on a bored tone.

            It rings with a slight hint of offense, like my words were hurting her just a bit. That's completely insane, as everyone here with half a brain is sick and tired of her. It's not like I told her off like some people I know here wished to do; I simply told her that her way of thinking is stupid. You can't deny that it is pretty unintelligent, come on now.

            "Just keep your eyes open because he's always looking," a small voice comes out of the normally loud girl, making me feel the slightest bit bad. She rest her sunburnt hand on my elbow for half of a heartbeat, before walking away without another word.

            I look straight ahead of me at the above ground pool, its plastic exterior visible from miles away. It's hard to miss with its bright color and the endless shouts of Marco and Polo’s that come out from it at all times of day, but I somehow did for the first week.

            Granted that during the lengths of the first week, I wasn't really in the mood to go exploring past the rows of cabins and to the side of the compound. Jude and Meredith still thought it was the world's most hilarious thing in the word that I didn't know it existed until the first time we went here.

            Now, Meredith is nowhere in sight after she walked away with Aaron. In the past month I've come to realize just how close the two of them are. By close friends, I mean overly friendly kind of friends. She hasn't confirmed it to me just yet or even said his name in a passing conversation. From the way she can never help but not smile when she's around him and the fact he makes ever excuse touching Meredith lightly, they're bond to be something more.