1 - Knife to a Gunfight

2016

Taylor's POV

Thirteen years ago, I signed my life away to the CIA. In return, they helped develop my singing career into what it is today. They paid for travel, studio time, album releases, the whole lot. My name started to gain household recognition. My tours began to sell out within minutes. I felt like I was on the top of the world.

After one tour in, I realized what a mistake I made. I was trapped in a life long contract with the government. I had to report weekly to them to give updates on the latest world news and celebrity news. My cover was so deep that no one suspected anything; they couldn't. Everyone close to me didn't even know. According to the media, I was just a girl with big dreams who got a lucky break in Nashville. I travel around the world to play music for fans when in reality, I'm gathering intelligence for the U.S government. I make friends with famous people not because we have things in common, but because the government wants info on them for some reason. As I built a deeper and deeper cover, the more I became my cover. I am Taylor Swift worldwide pop star. I am not Taylor Swift a CIA spy; I didn't want to be at least. 

At any moment, the government could shut down my career and take everything I had if I didn't hold up my end of the bargain. All the music I had recorded could be taken away. They would also know exactly where to find me.

All of these thoughts ran through my mind as I worked in the studio on new music. Luckily, they still allowed me to write and record my own material. I was interrupted when my phone rang.

I glanced at the caller ID. James. Great, I let out a sigh. He always calls at the worst times.

"Hello?" I answered.

"Taylor, you need to get back out there. We have lots of tasks for you to complete. When will you have new material for touring?" James, my superior at the CIA, asked.

"I was working on it when you called," I replied, annoyed that he was interrupting a session.

"Ok, well you need to find out more about Karlie Kloss and her coding program. Why she is even getting into that and what does she plan to do with it? You already have the relationship, so it should be easy to pull that information. I had her file sent to you again."

"Mmhmm," I acknowledged.

James continued, "Don't forget you're  co-hosting the Met Gala this year. You have to come in to the office for wardrobe fittings. We need you to run an op that night too."

Great. As if hosting one of the biggest parties of the year wasn't enough stress I thought to myself.

"A British actor. We've been tracking him for a while now, but have hit dead ends. We expect a complete profile on him, and we need you to start building a long term relationship with him. He could be an important source for us. Update us as soon as you can."

"Fine. I'll look at the details for both. I'll be in next week for wardrobe." I hung up. Business, business, business was all James ever called about. Never "Hey, Taylor how are you doing?"

What was so special about this actor? Honestly, I was getting tired of the fake relationships. Would I ever have a real relationship that wasn't masterminded by the government? A girl can only dream. The CIA had me profiling a lot of European guys lately.

Completing a full profile in one evening was a major undertaking. I'd have to plan a way for us to meet and talk long enough for me to get the information I needed. Since I was co-hosting this year, I'd have to make more of an effort to get away. To get all the information in the time frame that I had, I would probably end up having to sleep with this guy.