The Fishy Barista

Drawing by Emzstuff

Hi again, it's me.

So... This is my first fanfiction! I've thought about writing one for ages, but never actually wrote anything. But I'm finally doing it! I hope you guys enjoy it!

-

"Mocha Frappuccino for Simon!" The barista shouted. Simon got out of his seat, sighing as he walked over to the counter. The barista looked about his age, with hair dyed electric blue. Ew, no thank you. He looked like some kind of fish or something.

Well, today had failed. Horribly. Again.

"That'll be £3.40 please!" the fis- barista chirped. Simon gave him the money, politely thanking him. "Have a nice day!" He called as Simon walked out of the local Starbucks, clutching his drink in his hands in an attempt to warm himself up from the bitter cold. The late January weather had hit with a vengeance this afternoon, and Simon had left the house that morning with nothing but a hoodie to keep him from the harsh chill.

Simon had been going out a lot lately. Being a Youtube sensation, he tended to work at home. It wasn't too often that he left the house. The reason behind the frequent outings recently was that Simon had been looking for something. Or rather, someone. A guy.

Not just any guy, though. Someone who was smart, but not too formal. Funny, but not completely immature. Pretty, but not so much so that everyone is fawning over him. But it seemed that someone like that just didn't exist. Sure, there was occasionally someone who seemed alright, but he was only ever in it for sex, or some fling. Simon wasn't just looking for a few dates before calling it quits. What he wanted was love. Almost all the other Sidemen were in a relationship, but Simon was still single, and he was running out of patience. Then again, none of the Sidemen knew he was gay, which certainly complicated things.

Deciding to call it a day, Simon called a taxi to head back to the Sidemen House. he finished his drink and was about to chuck it into a nearby trash can when something on the bottom of it caught his eye. His name? No, that was written on the side, by the lid. Looking closer, he saw it was a series of numbers with a heart and the words Call me! -Ryley <3 written below them. A phone number on a Starbucks order? he scoffed. How cliche. he chucked the empty cup into the bin without a second thought.

-

As Simon walked through the front door into the Sidemen House, he could hear Ethan's iconic laughter was echoing from the kitchen, and Josh shouting angrily. Curious, he walked in. Ethan, Vik, and Josh were sitting by the island, filming some kind of video. There were several small containers with ice cream that Simon had never seen before. Making sure he was out of shot, he quietly walked out. He would ask them about it later. For now, he had to upload an episode of Fifa.

After the video had uploaded, and he had tweeted out the link to it, Simon decided to check the guy's tweets. JJ had tweeted about some kind of conundrum involving burning his fingers on a toaster of all things, to which Simon replied "Well, it can't toast your hair now, so it decided to go for your fingers instead." He grinned to himself. The fans would love that one.

He looked through a few more tweets before he came across a promoted tweet. Simon would have scrolled past it, but the words 'dating site' caught his attention. Simon considered for a moment. It wasn't like he was getting anywhere in real life, was it? Fuck it, he thought, clicking on the link provided. He was brought to a professional looking site, with a navy blue and hot pink theme.

The site was called Lotus, according to the blue title with the pink flower underneath it. "Find your match with Lotus, the best gay-only dating site. Search for your soulmate out of over ten million users!" It proclaimed. Simon had to admit, he was intrigued. Below the quote, there was a big blue button, with the words "Sign up today" Sprawled across it. He clicked it, and it brought him to the app store. Simon had expected it to cost something, so he was taken aback when it turned out to be completely free. No wonder it was so popular.

The app asked for a username, age, and phone number, as well as a few other necessary things. It hadn't even asked for Simon's name, so he could stay completely anonymous if he wanted. Good. He didn't want to take the chance of someone recognizing him from his Youtube channel. They could tell his whole fanbase he was gay, which was the last thing he wanted. After some debate, Simon decided on the username SMM_7, which was free. It was slightly based on his Youtube channel, MM7Games, but with any luck, it would be different enough for nobody to work out it was him.

When it asked for a profile picture, he simply found a decorated letter M on the internet and left it as that. He did, however, put a brief description of himself in his profile bio. He just said his hair, eye and skin colour, and a bit about his personality and what he was looking for. And just like that, Simon was good to go, he just had to confirm his email.

There was another link on the confirmation email. Simon clicked it, and it linked him back to another part of the app. There were several click boxes displaying things such as hot, good sense of humor, and rich. It stated that he had to click all of the categories he was looking for in a guy so that it could give him recommended guys. After that, Simon had to do the same thing, but for what he thought he was. It was a tedious process, but he eventually completed it. It would be worth it, he told himself.

Once he finally- finally!- clicked Done, It said that Simon had to wait until tomorrow to find his recommended men. What the fuck? He clicked off the site and threw his phone across his bed in frustration. Why would he have to wait so long? Simon huffed, and got off his bed, checking the time. 8:43pm. So he had been on the site for an hour and a half? That had taken ages, and he hadn't even gotten anywhere! At least the guys would be done with their video now, so he could go downstairs and eat some well-deserved food.

-

So yeah, that's the first chapter! Did you like it? Let me know! If there were any mistakes, or you think there is a way I could improve, please tell me so I can get better!