Out of Reach

Really sorry, I know I said that there would be a chapter yesterday, but Wattpad is slowly dying on me. I now can't write new chapters on my computer AT ALL. If I did it on my phone I would make spelling mistakes, so I had to write the chapter in an email to myself, go on my phone, copy the email and paste it into Wattpad, then edit it. I am physically drained.

Also, friendly reminder to ask me questions on the Q+A, I have hardly any so far. Even if it's something like asking my favourite colour or how I've been lately. And feel free to ask more than one question!

<--=-->

-Josh-

Thirty minutes later, Simon and Josh were standing in the entrance to the house, JJ seeing them off as Josh double and triple checked he had his phone, wallet and keys.

"We'll be alright on our own, take your time. Oh, and while your at the shop, get some drinks and shit for the party later!" JJ shouted, already running upstairs.

"Will do!" Josh replied loudly. He turned to Simon, meeting those crystal clear eyes he had for better or worse come to love. "Ready?" He asked.

"Yep!"

-

The ten minute drive to the local Sainsbury's was rather uneventful. The duo made small talk about what they were going to get for the party. They eventually just gave up, and settled for every alcoholic beverage under the sun short of tropical cocktails. Nothing else was really needed.

During their conversations, Josh tried his best to low-key flirt, just like SMM_7 had told him to. He smiled and laughed at Simon's jokes, and tried to drop in compliments and reassurances whenever it seemed appropriate.

Once inside the shop, Simon immediately got distracted by a small row of books by the front. He darted towards it like a lion ambushing its prey.

"Josh look, it's the Sidemen Book!" He exclaimed, pointing and laughing at their book. His smile was so beautiful it could light up any room. Even a supermarket, Josh thought. He laughed along with him, just as SMM_7 had instructed.

"You look really funny in that picture, you're practically hugging Harry!" Josh commented "Is that Minishaw I detect?" Even the thought of Simon dating another one of the Sidemen sent shivers of jealousy down Josh's spine.

"God no." Simon replied, his face deadly serious. "It was just how the photographer said I should be, something about the angles of the light or some bullshit like that."

"What about the other Sidemen then?" Josh asked, cocking his head to the side. He hoped and preyed Simon wouldn't say he liked any of the others.

"Hmm... I don't think so, although now that you mention it..." Simon muttered the end of his sentence, bringing his knuckle to his lips, a cute habit of his that he involuntarily started whenever he was thinking. Josh wondered if Simon even knew he did that, let alone had any idea how it left Josh blushing like crazy, trying his hardest to hold bac-

"Yeahhh... probably not." Simon finished, concluding his mental debate. Josh jolted back into reality. Thank fuck for that, something else to think about.

"Wow, you sound really convincing Simon." He scoffed, licking his lips (Because Simon made his feel wholly inadequate).

"Fuck off, Josh. Speaking of relationships, Vik and JJ have been getting awfully close lately." Simon pointed out as the two of them started heading for the drinks aisle. He had a suggestive smirk on his face. Dammit, if Simon keeps acting this way, I'm going to have a sticky situation on my hands! Josh thought, gritting his teeth in determination.

"I haven't noticed anything out of the ordinary with them. It's not like I've been really been paying attention though. Been more absorbed in my own issues at the moment if I'm honest." Josh replied.

"Well, start looking out for it. Trust me, you'll soon notice it. Kstar is sailing."

"Jesus, you sound like an obsessive fangirl, calm down." Josh joked, taking the opportunity to pat Simon on the back because why the fuck not?

"I can't help it, they'd make a really cute couple!" Simon whined, dumping a bottle of Jack Daniels into the trolley.

-

In the end, they ended up with five different kinds of beer, three spirits and two bottles of wine (one of which was at the request of JJ via text, the other because Calfreezy was a posh twat and wouldn't drink anything else), which came to almost £100, much to Josh's outrage. JJ would be paying him back for this.

Now, Josh and Simon were examining the top of the range toasters, as they seemed the least likely to spontaneously blow up. "This one looks good. It says it doesn't use as many volts, so I guess that would mean it wouldn't explode." Simon theorized, pointing at one toaster or another. Josh really didn't give a crap, they were all the same to him.

"Looks good, now lets go pay, I need to get home before midday to record Depth with Vik, JJ and Tobi." Josh said. He walked swiftly over to the self checkout area (because people were too much effort) with Simon tailing behind him.

"Alright then. Oh yeah, I was gonna ask you. I've been running out of main channel ideas and I don't want to steal anyone's, but the only idea I have is really awkward."

"What's the plan?" Josh asked, curious.

"Uh... Reading Minizerk fanfiction. I get you might not want to do it, but I can't come up with anything else at the moment." Simon admitted. Josh stopped walking and turned around. He beamed at Simon; a genuine, joyful smile dancing on his face.

"Of course I will do it with you, it's a great idea! The fangirls are gonna love it, it could be one of your most popular videos!" Josh complimented, still grinning.

"You think?" Simon raised an eyebrow.

"Totally! It's genius! I mean, obviously we can't read anything 18-rated because I don't want it to be flagged, but we could just read some little cute ones I guess."

"Thanks Josh, I feel a lot more confident now. When are you free to do it?"

"Uhh... I should have time for it next week, on Wednesday. In the mean time, you can find some good ones for us to read." Josh suggested.

"Sweet!" Simon smiled. Fuck, he was so beautiful, Josh thought longingly. And yet, so, so out of reach.

<--=-->

Not too proud of this chapter honestly. Did you guys notice what I did in the paragraph where Simon mentions Vik and JJ? You dirty minded rebels 😏