Stares and Blushes

OH MY GOD I'M BACK WOW WHAT A SURPRISE I KNOW! Yep, hi! I am back and have deleted the whole thing saying why I was gone because it sounds like I'm trying to get pity and I hate it. Let's pretend it was never there and move on with the good stuff, eh?

Anyway, before I left I remember having a really good idea for the story, but I forgot it xD Don't worry though, I've come up with a new idea, and it's so good I guarantee it was better than my old one! I know what's going to happen in this story a whole lot better now!

-

-Simon-

Simon and Josh had just finished shopping and were in the car back home. They had bantered and chatted with each other for the first few minutes, but soon enough they were hit with traffic. A lot of it.

"Why the fuck? It's not even rush hour, everyone should be at work!" Josh whined.

"It's Sunday Josh." Simon pointed out.

"Oh... Well, all the same, this is a stupid time for traffic!"

"Not really, everyone probably wants to go shopping on their day off."

"Hey stop, I'm the smart one!"

"Sometimes I wonder."

"Hmph." Josh huffed, taking his phone out violently to signify the end of their friendly fight. Simon did the same, deciding to take the opportunity to find some fanfictions for Josh and him to read in a few days. (Weird as it sounded). That plan was quickly thwarted though, by, you guessed it, JB_ZRK.

JB_ZRK: I've been doing everything you told me to and it isn't working. ;-;

SMM_7: chill the fuck out bro

SMM_7: it's literally been twelve hours stop being so over dramatic

JB_ZRK: Yes but I've been out with him.

SMM_7: Yo wat.

JB_ZRK: Not like that I mean platonically earlier today.

JB_ZRK: I've done everything and he isn't showing any signs of being into me!

SMM_7: like I said, its only been 12 hours, that is way way way too soon to give up

SMM_7: besides you dont even know what the signs are 😩

JB_ZRK: Well what are they, Wise One?

SMM_7: WELL

SMM_7: first of all, look out for stares and blushes

JB_ZRK: ???

SMM_7: like if he stares at you bc of your overwhelming perfection

JB_ZRK: I am not overwhelmingly perfect ._.

SMM_7: or blushes at something you say or do

SMM_7: bonus points if he does both at once

SMM_7: you will be perfect to him if you succeed in charming him 😊

JB_ZRK: Okaaay, well anything else?

SMM_7: if he starts to do the tips i gave to you about flirting that is a VERY good sign

SMM_7: youve got to be observant

SMM_7: like ive already said put him first, then if he's a nice person he'll start to do the same

JB_ZRK: You're like an expert at this, how is it you don't have a boyfriend already? o_o

SMM_7: my standards are quite high 😖

JB_ZRK: Ah.

SMM_7: Yep.

SMM_7: so is this guy with you now?

JB_ZRK Yeah but we aren't talking, we're both on our phones.

SMM_7: he sounds both stupid and antisocial to me 😑

SMM_7: i mean, he's got someone as cool as you to talk to so why doesn't he?

JB_ZRK: We were talking, the conversation drew to a close. :/

SMM_7: if i was there we would talk 😆😆😆

JB_ZRK: Great to know.

JB_ZRK: Gotta go :P byeee!

SMM_7: later hater

When Simon looked up from his phone, they were moving again, and the traffic had thinned. Josh had both eyes on the road, his emerald eyes narrowed in concentration as he took the hard turn right into our road. Simon couldn't help but stare. Had his eyes always been so... deep?

He must've been staring for a while because before he knew it the car had stopped next to their house. Simon snapped out of it to find that he had been caught in the act. he could feel his cheeks heating up with every second, and tried frantically to think up an excuse. "There's a bit of fluff in your beard." Great one, Simon.

"Wait really? Where?" Josh asked, aimlessly scratching at his chin. Simon laughed at him, furiously looking for something that didn't exist.

"What are you laughing at?" Josh grumbled, then his eyes widened as he slowly pieced everything together. "There's nothing there is there..."

"Nope!" Simon chuckled.

"You dick!" Josh shouted, half angry and half amused. Simon only laughed in reply.

-

I think I wrote this okay, but it might not be brilliant since I'm very out of the swing of it. The number of times I had to go back and check how Simon and Josh write on Lotus and plot points I put down was so many it wasn't even funny. But hey, I'm back, right?