Finally

Simon opened his eyes the following morning feeling more refreshed than he had all week. He had a shower, brushed his teeth, and changed into a sidemen top and joggers. When Simon went downstairs to grab some cereal, he found Josh sitting on the island, looking at his phone with interest.

Simon went completely unnoticed as he made a bowl of Coco Pops. Josh was on his own planet. Sitting next to Josh, Simon cleared his throat. Josh jumped, then sagged with relief when he saw it was just Simon.

"Morning, sorry I was looking at something." He said, locking his phone and putting it on the island. 

"Hey dude, so I was thinking you me, Ethan, and maybe Vik should record some Gmod Murder. It's been a while. Ethan's down for it." Simon proposed.

"Sure, sounds like a good idea, what time?"

"Ethan said he is free about midday, so in a couple of hours I guess."

"Okay, I'm down."

Simon grinned. It had been ages since they had recorded Gmod Murder, mostly due to a lack of maps. The other day, though, Simon had found a great one. It was a train station, but it was very abandoned.

"So," He started, changing the topic. "How are you and Freya?" Josh's immediate sadness didn't escape Simon.

"Can you keep a secret?" He whispered. Simon nodded comfortingly.

"When have I not?"

"Well..." Josh hesitated. "Freya and I actually broke up a few weeks ago. We're still good friends, but I guess our relationship had lost its spark. We are better off this way, we would only get into arguments if we tried to stay together. Well, that and..." He stopped mid-sentence.

"What?" Simon asked, leaning forward.

"Never mind, it's nothing," Josh said.

"Oh, ok then. Thank's for sharing, Josh. I'm glad you guys are still friends, Freya is a sick girl." Simon reassured. "N-not that I would-!" He stuttered frantically.

"Chill, mate. I got your point!" Josh replied, Chuckling.

They ate their breakfast in a comfortable silence for the next few minutes, Josh on his phone again, and Simon just staring out into space, thinking. It was for the best, he supposed, that Josh and Freya had broken things off. They had been having arguments more and more lately, and Simon had been worried that it would escalate to something worse. He felt at ease.

Simon had nearly finished his cereal when Josh slammed his phone onto the island so suddenly, it made Simon jolt.

"You alright there?" he joked.

Josh simply smiled. "Never better."

-

A few seconds later, Simon got a notification from his phone. He took it out of his pocket and turned it on to the lock screen. All he saw was a hot pink lotus flower, and he was out of his seat and practically throwing his bowl into the sink, running up to his bedroom in eager excitement. Josh called after him, but Simon was so excited that he didn't even hear him. How could he have forgotten?!

Simon jumped onto his bed. His hands shook so much that it took three attempts to unlock his phone. He clicked onto the app, and finally, finally he could find someone!

The app clearly wasn't just for a load of flings. It had ten different guys and said to pick up to three that you think you would get along with, and one that really caught your eye. As Simon scrolled through the profile pictures, he got more and more downcast. Half of these guys looked either totally fake or totally out of his league.

There were only three that Simon remotely liked the look of. One was a guy from Manchester who had brown hair, and bright blue eyes. However, he had deathly pale skin, which kind of put Simon off of him. If he got together with this guy, he would feel like he was fucking a corpse.

The second lived in the outskirts of London. He wasn't totally hot, but by no means ugly either, and it was evident from his bio that he was a very excitable guy. However, he was only 19, too young for Simon, really.

It was the last profile on the list that really grabbed Simon's attention. Unlike all the other profiles, he didn't show his face, nor his abs. Random as it was, his picture was of a snapback. It was black and looked similar to the one Simon had lent Josh the other day when he couldn't find his other one. His profile bio said that he was the same age as Simon, and lived very close to him, too. 

He described a bit about his appearance in his bio, and although Simon couldn't see him he was immediately interested. Brown hair and Hazel eyes were normally a good combination in Simon's eyes. Not only that, but the way he talked about himself... it was neither overexaggerated flattery nor self-pity, both of which Simon found annoying as all hell. He said he was "Into gaming, football and possibly, you :)" The ironic use of the pickup line made Simon grin. 

From what little he could see, Simon had a lot in common with this guy. So, he clicked the "Accept chat request" button in the bottom left of his screen and hoped for the best...