Secrets

A few days after he had joined Lotus, Simon Minter was sitting at his desk, near crying at all the Vik abuse in the Cards Against Humanity video they were recording. "For fuck's sake Ethan you cunt!" He shouted.

"Whoa, foul language man" Ethan replied, laughing like a mad baboon. 

"I don't even give a shit anymore!" Vik exploded. "I am honestly so done, and I'm still on 0 points, this is total bullshit." Simon could tell when Vik wasn't and was angry, and this was certainly the latter case. Of course, with Vik, it was a fairly common event. He may try to hide it, but he had always found it hard to deal with the banter shot at him. Simon couldn't blame him. Every bit of hate he got hurt him more than he could ever describe, but Vik had to put up with so much more. That's when Simon decided.

"Vik, fuck it I'm gonna help you." He grinned at his facecam. He was the card czar. "Tell me what ones yours and I'll pick it."

"What do you mean you'll pick it, that's so unfair!" Ethan moaned.

Simon burst out into fake laughter "#StopVikAbuse!"

"Naa mate I don't need your handouts." Vik laughed, but there was no humor behind it. Simon truly worried about him.

-

After the recording (Vik did eventually get one pity point) Simon knocked on Vik's door. He answered a few minutes later, ushering Simon inside. "What's up?" He greeted, beaming as usual.

"I wanted to check you were alright. Ethan and JJ were pretty harsh on you that game and you seemed upset. If it bothers you that much you should tell them, Vik." He sighed, rubbing his eyes and collapsing onto his bed.

"Is it really that simple, though? I get so many insults thrown around at me every day, and nobody thinks it hurts me but it does, it really does. I want it to stop but I can't because it's practically a meme at this point. But sometimes it's too much and I just..." He took a deep breath. "Sometimes it all gets a bit too much. All these secrets. All the insults."

"Oh, Vik..." Simon was lost for words. What was he meant to do? Come out with some inspirational speech? He wasn't good at that shit. "I never realized you coped with that much. I am here you know. No matter what secrets you have, that won't change anything. You will always be my best mate." Well, he supposed that was passable. 

Vik sobbed.

Well okay then. Maybe not.

"I know you are trying to help, but trust me, it's a lost cause. I'm fine on my own." 

"Well obviously not. You know nobody means those jokes, Vik." Simon vaguely felt his phone vibrating in his pocket.

"That's irrelevant, it still hurts. And it isn't just that. I get so much hate."

"They're just being dickheads. They have nobody, you have millions of supporters" Simon was fairly sure someone was spamming his phone now, and he didn't have to guess at who it was.

Vik smiled. "Your right, I'm just being stupid. Thank you, Simon."

"Don't mention it. I'm here whenever you need me"  Simon and Vik smiled at each other, and it was as if that in itself was a conversation. They saw each other's thoughts on their faces in that brief moment. And for Simon, it wasn't pretty.

-

Simon grinned at his phone as he hopped down the stairs. It was indeed JB_ZRK who had been spamming him. He was talking to him about toasters, of all things. I swear toasters have been everywhere in my life lately, he thought curiously. First JJ burns himself, and now this!