The Aftermath

The Aftermath

-sigh- Just as I think I am saved by the bell, my followers start stampeding behind me with questions regarding my view of the restroom issue, apparently they think it is shocking that someone of my social demeanor wasn't part of the majorly opposed, some of them were even trying to convince me that my view was wrong and I shouldn't be on the agreeing side of allowing them into the restroom of their true gender. They argue that my line of thinking could damage my social status. 

I tell them I really don't care and if anything;I think it has made me even better--I tell them isn't it something that they have someone of my social standing  in their corner to give them hope---that not everyone or uneducated,self-righteous, ego-consumed person. I explain that although some people just don't understand, most are just plain rude and really don't care. I explain that I will not lower myself to societal standards or expections to me,to keep my popular quota and if that kicks me out, then it speaks volumes of the people I saw as friends. 

I really have it coming for me now. The more people hear about my 'episode' the more rumors will fly. My 'friends' will all complain that my rep is about to down the toilet because of my 'act of heroism' in English. 

Honestly, I don't really care, what I DO care about is getting my homework done and heading to my job afterschool so I can save money to afford top surgery later down the line with a really good surgeon 

No one knows it yet,but outside of school-away from all my friends, I go out as myself;as Donovan. Because I own  my own business, I am my own boss. I simply sell products that can impact the transgender community--for the cost of $10 people can use my address to get their hands on a binder that their parents do not approve of--these people must meet the requirements. 

1.Out to Parent[s] rejected as a trans. 

2.Have no friends to ship it to. 

3.Know the proper size. 

If they meet these, then they can pick up their binder here. In addition to doing this, I am also a transgender councilor and I help children, teen and adults that haven't fully come out to friends and family, being trans myself helps me relate to them on a personal level allowing me to help them more thoroughly then if I didn't and I earn the most amount of money from this part of my business. It's not much, but it is better than nothing. 

Although my parents are rich and I can ask them for whatever I want and need, I don't like to particularly go to them for anything. The only thing I asked for was money to start my own business-I got everything else on my own. I don't like relying on other people, I feel it enables people to be able to throw it back in my face later if they aren't happy with me. I never want to put myself in that situation. 

Just as I am about to relax and turn on Netflix to watch Orange is the New Black, the phone rings--sigh- it's Ashley;my best friend out of the 'clique' we are in. She wants me to go see the 2nd movie of the Conjuring. I pretend to be cheery, she's my best friend, but I was really looking forward to chilling and catching the new 4th season of Orange is The New Black. 

Usually by this time I would slip into something really girly to keep up with the fascade that everyone wants me to be, currently I am wearing a pair of comfortable guy jeaans, a supernatural shirt that is fit for a dude, and a binder that is really wearing out but has a month left in, my long hair that was early down and curly for everyone's benefit, was in a bun tucked under a beanie and anyone who didn't know me;saw me as a guy. I agree to go to the movie with Ashley but tell her I'm not changing out of my comfy clothes. 

Just as I throw on my favorite air jordans-Joker ones. I hear a knock at the door;that must be Ashels[my nickname for her]and I tell her to come on in. 

---Jeez Darla, your parents are rich, I don't understand why you don't have them just give you money for a place as big as their's, you could have SO much more and with more comfort too!

Here we go again, she didn't seem to  understand the value of working for what you want

---Ashley, I already told you; I like to earn what I buy with my own money, the best person to rely on in this world is yourself, if no one else has your back you have to have your own back. 

Just as I am explaining my way of life, she does a one over on my look

---you're wearing that to the movies? You are aware you look like a dude right?!

like seriously, people are going to think you are my boyfriend if you go out like that! 

can't you just change into something that looks...oh I don't know..more...girly? I know you have some really cute outfits that you can wear and you have such beautiful hair, there' no need to hide--

---I already told you Ashles that if we went to this movie, I wouldn't be changing, I either go with  you like this, or you can enjoy the 2nd of the conjuring by yourself. So which will it be? 

--Fine....you can go like that...but no holding hands, I can' have people think you are my boyfriend!

**shrugs** ---perfectly fine with  me. 

Man this was going to be a long night. So after winning the argument,we finally headed to the theater and gathered all the snacks we could handle and 2 drinks and sat down in our favorite row.

hopefully tomorrow would be alot better tonight was alot to take in..