Your handsome son..

I felt like this deserved more of a face to face with my dad, so with all the courage I could muster, I walked to my parents house and had them both sit down, during this visit I purposely stayed dressed as myself so that I may present myself as myself. 

Mom, Dad, I know that you have always known me as 'Darlene' , your 'Princess' your 'Little Girl' your 'beautiful daughter' but I have never been any of that; I have always been 'Donovan',your 'little prince', your 'little boy', your 'handsome son' You were just never able to see that, I never allowed you to know so because I love you guys and I don't want to lose you. I am transgender---meaning that my gender does not match my sex..This means I feel that I am completely male in every sense but the outside and socially. 

I would appreciate it if from this point forward...you use male pronouns and call me Donovan..I am not changing who I was, merely showing you who I have always been and am. Dad, I know that you might hate me...and that's okay, but I will always love you and hope that if not now you will some day accept me as your son...

---Gizmo, you know I would never hate you, is this a surprise? honestly no, I expected this. you were always too girly for your liking----always putting up a fascade. I'm glad you are finally able to drop and I know your mom, and my beautiful wife, will agree with me. 

and look...I know you don't accept cash very well---but please---just accept this for my peace of mine---think of it as a gift--I do NOT want you to pay me back. You can pay me back by getting a good house out of this town, getting into a good school. 

Also...I very much enjoy meeting my son, so as a welcome gift, here is money for your surgery and hormones, ----please use them if you would like to change into your true self physically, and last but not least--this is for the clothes you need to buy. 

Altogether my dad gave me 3 envelopes----1 for home and school, 1 for top surgery,bottom surgery , and hormones, and the 3rd for clothes.

thank you mom and dad, I don't know when I will be seeing you but I will be getting these done, and I am so happy to have you  as such supporting parents....now just gotta figure out what to do about Ashles....I can't just leave her behind.....

Ah yes, I have an envelope for her as well, please feel free to take her with you, I'm sure she will be more than accepting of her best guy friend. 

and with the weight off my shoulders, and the money in my hands, I hugged my parents, and went out the door to begin my journey as Donovan