I was meant to be Donovan..Your Son

I decided it was time to first tell my mother and then everyone else would follow, I was pretty sure my little sister already knew, she has always considered me her big brother. He took out his phone and dialed 910-461-8310. 

His mom picked up. 

''Darlene??? Is that you?? Why do you never call sweetheart, we miss you"

---Mom, I have something to tell you..are you sitting down? 

--What's this about Darlene? Are you okay? 

---Mom...I'm not Darlene, I was never meant to meant to be Darlene, I was meant to be Donovan, your son, not your daughter. I understand if you and dad hate me, I just really hope my sister will understand taht I never meant to be a bad brother. I never meant to hurt any of you guys,  but I'm just not the princess you all want me or think me to be. I'm so tired of playing Halloween, of hiding who I really am. 

--oh honey..I understand and I still love you..I'm not sure how your father will respond to this though. Emily already knows...she was trying to tell us for you..she just felt like you were trying to please everyone. 

---She was right..she's a smart kid. 

"Does this mean we might get to see you more? Ar you going to change your appearance? Are  you going to get on hormones? I know these are alot of questions..I just doens't want to be caught off guard when i see you again......son" 

---YOu might not see me for quite a  bit actually....I have decided to change colleges..and my place of residency...everyone knows me here.... and half the school considers me a freak, first because I stood up for transgendered people and then because I AM a transgender person. 

"oh honey, you know you can always come back home if you want"

---thanks  mom, but I have to deal with this on my own, I'll talk to you more about it tomorrow,  just..don't tell dad yet..please? I need to come out to him myself.