Chapter 1 ~ A certain recommendation

Anthea's POV
"Thank you so much Mycroft, this is... I can't thank you enough." I truly meant this, you see my name is Anthea and I have been working for Mycroft basically all my life. And this was the day I wasn't his assistant, don't get me wrong it's great he's really helped me. He's a pain, a really annoying one but he gave me a life, one i deserved and I thank him for that. Honestly I owe him everything and now it's my time to leave, I am now Mrs Anthea Collins. And this is my farewell, I'm now 4 months pregnant with a little girl. Mycelle, the female version of Mycroft.

So this means I have to leave, although it looks like I just text I do far more. Usually if I'm texting it's me arranging a meeting about a mission threatening the country, looking at top secret case files that only few can see or hacking into a terrorists cyber recruitment base. But I also do field work meaning the possibility of getting harmed, usually shot. And this means risking Mycelles life, and in order to protect my family retiring is the best option. I can still hack and work in archives but I have a family to think of so this means early retirement to shake of enemy's.

"Well then I guess this is goodbye" replied Mycroft as he rose from this dark black leather chair, he puts his arm out for me to shake. As I do so I look up to meet his cold blue gaze that I will not see for a long time, maybe never again. I swiftly turn around inhaling then mahogany sent mixed with chocolate gateau and Mycroft expensive aftershave. I then proceed to walk out of his room stepping with such a dainty force reminding me of the patter of soon to be tiny feet, I'm about halfway down the room when I hear him call my name "Anthea ..."

I turned around slowly as thoughts begin to race through my mind. What have I done, was it an unfinished report or perhaps he noticed that I changed his coffee. Oh Gosh... has he noticed I had to buy a larger dress due to the baby bump starting to grow rather considerably; he hasn't made a snide remark yet.

"Nine thirty on the dot. And really Anthea" He questioned with a raised brow and a slight disappointing glint in his eye."Don't panic, it's not good for the baby." As soon as that was said he sat down and returned to looking through files on his dark mahogany desk, matching the rest of has furniture of course. I took his advice grabbing my coat and matching handbag before walking out and waving goodbye to Katie at reception, and then deciding to take a walk in the park before I return home. I sat on a bench and inhaled the cold air, he knew about it all. He knew about the changes the sly fox. And I let out the breath to glance forwards and be met by the sight of a woman walking past with her daughter in a matching cream coat holding hands. I rubbed my hand on my forever growing stomach,

Buzz buzz

Way to ruin the moment.

Buzz buzz

I looked through my bag and grabbed my blackberry.

"Anthea who did you say you recommend ?"Mycrofts voice booming through the small phone. Of which I mentally cursed myself for having my finger on the volume button."Really Anthea... again" he let out a disapproving breath "Pregnancy is making you awfully forgetful and slow, try to be more alert. Anyway, back to the matter at hand" Well that was Mycroft, somethings never change.

"[y/n], [y/n] [y/l/n], I watched her train when I want to observe the training program in the closed down London Underground project."I replied remembering that day, my reminiscing was swiftly interrupted by a loud rustle of paper. Someone's eggar I thought to myself.

"Ah... Yes, the file tells me her qualifications and capabilities but what was she like in person, first hand?"Oh, I didn't see that one coming Mr Holmes. Eagerness followed by curiosity, someone is interested.

So for that he deserves an honest reply."Her combat was sure to take down anything, I was shown her intellectual side as well. She said it was a determination of the attacker, her moves made due to speed and height ect. She was very observant and quick to realise, but always organised and efficient constantly listening and calm. She's perfect"I remember that day as if it were yesterday, after that we sort of became friends.

"Well she did break the training program."He replied with a huff, one of frustrated annoyance or one of curiosity and idolisation I couldn't be sure. But who can, this is the British government.

"I thought it would be the usual walk through corridors look through the one-sided glass and watch then report to you, but no she realised she was being watched and did all in her power to meet us. She was so determined but clever about how she did it. I mean, she got a confession out of the program leader claiming we were here and tricked them into her meeting us."

A pause of silence captured the line.

A few mutters soon took over, "Well... we will see her in the interview tomorrow, I mean I will. I just need your opinion on the candidates, it will only be an hour. They usually break at the first question, so maybe only 40 minutes."He finished, trying to recover from the pause.He didn't sound overly confident at hearing about her

"See you tomorrow" I replied with a smile and the remembering he can't see me.

And with a few words,"Good evening Anthea" he was gone.