Chapter 5 ~ Apology cupkake

Your POV
Following Paige's instructions I come face to face with a large varnished spruce door, way to be intimidating but I can't complain because I'm the same. I stretch my arm out, pulling my blazer a bit before knocking firmly on the door and straightening my posture as I do so. I open the door after waiting for a grand total of 2 seconds stepping into a large room covered in bookshelves and luxurious detailed wallpaper, separating the room into. Presumingly I waltz up to the empty mahogany desk in the corner room by the even larger other door.

Sitting in the chair I look at my surroundings and instantly regret it, a sofa matching the wallpaper and grey marbled fire merely occupy my eye. Well then, this is my view for the rest of the job I suppose. Glancing back up, I rise from my chair to the mantle of the fire and snatch the ivory paper that most certainly originates from Mycroft's notebook.

Unfolding the paper I glance down to see what the has written
Dear [y/n],
                    If you are reading this than I must start with an apology.
I have been called away to attend an urgent family matter and will return as soon as I may.
In the meantime, if you go over to the top draw of your desk I have placed a list of tasks.
If I have not returned when you are finished you may return home.
If you have any issues you have Anthea's number I believe.
In the event of an emergency then leave a message at 221B Baker St. With a Mrs Hudson.
-Mycroft
Last names are terribly informal, and paper tends to not speak

Smirking at his final comment, I waltz over to my desk, placing the note on my desk before sitting at it to open the top draw. I open the draw, to be met with the sight of a plain shiny white box accompanied by another note. Placing it upon my desk I start glancing over my list of tasks for the day and am rather surprised to see the last line.

Hope you were not joking about the lemon

I place this list down and open the small box, to be met with a small lemon cupcake. Smiling to myself I begin eating while starting my work.
~~~
Glancing back at my list, I see a request

38. Bring cake

Confused I call Anthea, hoping she can help me out with my dilemma.
After a few seconds she picks up

Smiling at this, I say "Anthea, I was wound earring if you could recommend a bakery along with a cake preference to suit Mycroft"
"Triple chocolate, I'll text you the address of his usual" She says in a rather frantic motion.
"Are you fine, you sound a little rushed, and are you sure triple chocolate" I ask with concern present in my voice.
"Yes just getting dinner with the in laws ready, and yes he always has triple chocolate... I think?"
And with a few goodbyes and armed with an address I walk out of the building and down to the bakery down the road.
~~~
Stepping into the bakery I walk up to the matching white marbled counter and catch the attention of what papers to be the main baker."You must be the new assistant" a man with greying hair in his mid sixties states with a smile, leaning over the counter peering up at me.

This causes me to smile back "Yes, I'm [y/n] Mycroft asked me to get him some cake. Anthea said he likes triple chocolate, but surly he's more of a lemon kinda guy" And with this he smiles and brings a big box from under the counter.

Handing me the box he says "First names is something he never does, took me 3 years before he started using mine. And apparently I'm one of his favourites, he only uses it when he wants something mind. He must like you miss" and with that I leave, I do hope I come back, he seemed lovely. But what does Mycroft want from me?
~~~
Placing the cake on Mycroft's desk, I sit back at mine catching the time of two o'clock. Looking back to my list I realise every task is complete, but I can't help but wonder where Mycroft is. I look around and let out a bored huff, and with that I waste no further time in hoping into the same black car deciding to go to Baker st.
~~~
I knock on the chipping door with the bold golden letters 221B placed upon its face. The door is opened by a small grey haired women looking at me with a smile"Mycroft said you'd be here, I'll go fetch him" she starts walking half way up the stairs before saying"He's been playing connect four and chess with Sherlock all day, your literally an angel" and with that she walks back up and is shortly back down with Mycroft trailing behind her, accompanied by an umbrella. Flashing me a smile which I return we scilent lay slip into the car, continuing our science as we stare out the window.

I glance up to him to be met with his bright eyes beaming down at me "Who's Sherlock and what do you want with me?"

He lets out a breath, placing his hand in his head; and then looks back at me deciding to speak "My brother, which I suppose you will eventually have the misfortune of meeting and I presume you have become acquainted with the baker" to which I nod allowing him to go on "Well, if you free tonight and I have cleared your agenda I would like you to accompany me to dinner. I believe people call this a date"