Chapter 15 ~ Look of luck

Your POV
I've been in the same room for two weeks now meaning that this is my final day here, to be honest it's been a tiring week but I guess that's partly due to the fact I was shot and due to Mycroft's fussing. Don't get me wrong I love him caring, but he even finds a way to make sure I'm never alone; literally never. He was with me all the time during the first week which at first was sweet but he would do everything for me, even took the week of work which he hasn't done since Sherlock got into a spot of trouble and according to Anthea he had major stress issues and needed to relax. So this caused around five other men to take over his job, and according to my ears and eyes, also known as the wonderful Anthea they were making an absolute mess of his job.

This caused a very hesitant and apologetic Mycroft to return to work, but this didn't stop him. As soon as he finished work he would come to the hospital everyday no fail with a bouquet of the most fragrant roses you will ever smell. As much as I loved this I thought all this was a waste of flowers, getting me a new bouquet everyday, so I had a word with the nurse and got her to send my one day old bouquet to the children's ward.

If you thought that seemed as if he was hardly doing anything wait for this; he formed a rota for people to visit me so I'm never alone, not even for one second. Even at night I've got an officer waiting outside my door, I guess it's good to know that he's fine with Greg and his team, though I must admit I was worried that he would start blaming people for my injures. But what does he expect me to do in here, I can't sleep for two weeks straight. That brings me onto the next thing; work, to put it simply currently it's nonexistent. I'm not even aloud to do paperwork, just sit and get better.

I love how caring he's being, I understand why he's trying to protect me and make sure I have everything but it's too extreme, Anthea has told him as well as Sherlock slipping in the deduction in front of him in an attempt to help the situation. But I've found a way around it; Anthea can bring me work as she is mainly with me throughout most of the day, the officer outside my room has fallen in love with the vending machine and candy crush and I've already figured how to salvage the roses. We all fear he may get worse once I get home.
~~~
I was lying on top of my bed dressed in my comfort clothes, next to Anthea who was showing me her scan pictures that she had received a week ago. As we were cooing over the pictures we were interrupted by the push of a door, I tore my gaze from the picture to see Mycroft walk in along with the doctor who I recently discover was called Archie, lovely chap.

Anthea took this as her cue and went to move of the bed, seeing her start to struggle I hopped off and pulled her up earning a shocked look from Mycroft, as he hadn't seen me move for a long while. She gave me a smile as she left, one which I returned as well as a warning look to Mycroft causing him to give a slight shiver.

I sat back down on the bed and Mycroft soon joined me as Archie opted for the chair opposite us "Right, I've booked you to see me every week so I can check and clean your wound which is healing nicely. When you return home make sure you stay in bed for the majority of the day, but simple movements and delicate exercise is advised many find cooking or doing paper based work is easy to do while out of bed, simple and little."

This cased me to smile as Archie told Mycroft this in an attempt to help control him, but this was soon wiped of my face as Mycroft began to bombard Archie with a ton of questions "how warm does she need to be, what should she eat, how should she lay, oh and how many hours should she sleep" Mycroft said all of these so fats that the doctor and I were lost midway.

A slightly confused Archie proceeded with "all of these questions are tailored around [y/n], it's really down to how she's feeling that day and what she wants to do. But I'm sure she'll let you know if she needs anything" he then gave me a look asking for confirmation to which I gave him a smile and he gave me a look of luck.

Before Mycroft could even open his mouth Archie was out the door. I signed some forms for my appointments and my release at reception before getting in the car to drive home, as I was tapping in Mycroft's phone rang and he gave me an apologetic look before stepping out the car to answer it.

As I was waiting for Mycroft's return I remembered Beethoven "sorry for any troubles Mycroft caused you" this caused him to turn around in his seat and smile warmly at me "it's fine, how are you after everything" this caused me to smile at his kindness "I'm fine, but that's not the point, are you and your wife coping with the music I told Anthea to give you?"

Before he had a chance to respond Mycroft came in with an unrecognisable face on, after seeing this we were soon driving home "that was Anthea, said something about being overprotective and not getting the message, is this true?" She's an angle, but she really could've let me do this myself. I let out a breath "it was lovely, but the officer was a tad too much and so was the rota" he showed a look of surprise clearly thinking I didn't know about the rota.

He looked out the window in defeat until I spoke, "All of this is fine" which caused him to glance back up at me, both locking eyes "just tone it down, if I say I'm fine or I'm capable then leave me, I promise to let you know if I need anything, only if you promise to tone all of this down" he gave a moments pause considering the offer before looking me straight in the eye "promise"