Chapter 16 ~ You never removed it?

Your POV
I sit bolt upright hearing a creek coming from the top of the landing outside my door. I keep my eyes glued to the dark mahogany door and without moving my posture I pull an arm out from the silk covers turning on my bedside light before swiftly bringing my hand back under the covers. I here another creek but this time it's closer which causes me to jump slightly before pulling the sheet tighter around my body and in the process inhaling a rather large sent of fresh cotton an Mycroft's aftershave. I hear the creek let out a groan showing the persons stepping forwards, I hear the clink of the door turning and in the moment I pull the sheet tighter around me and up to,my nose, making me realise that I have screw my knees up to my chest.

The door slowly opens brushing against the carpet in the process, the figure steps into the room, my heart pounding so hard I fear it may fall out of my chest though that's not my main worry; where's Mycroft?

As if the universe heard me the light illuminated the side of the figures face, a face I knew well and one I could never forget. The still shadowed figure stepped forwards allowing half of himself to be seen in the moment, though this happened so fast my mind didn't have time to register what was happening and went into panic mode. The most powerful form of panic mode; someone's going to stab me in my boyfriends bed while he's absent, and worst of all; my underwear and shirt aren't matching.

This caused mass panic in my mind, if finding my stabbed body was bad enough they would also and rather obviously discover that I would be stabbed in my boyfriends bed alone; making me look very insistent and bitchy as was sleeping here. And more worrying my sleeping attire wasn't matching, if I'm going to die I insist on it being held on my terms and they consist of a matching outfit, I doing everything looking elegant and fabulous it's might as well be trademark, it practically is.

In the spur of the moment I let out a deafening high pitch scream causing the figure to cover their ears as they lean down in pain. As soon as I release the scream I begging to pant due to fear and panic  and place a hand on my chest to help me calm my breathing, though while I was distracted the unidentified figure turns on the light switch with a prominent click.

I look up and all the weight of concern and is dropped "[y/n]?... oh gosh [y/n] I'm so sorry, I didn't mean to scare you" as soon as he sees me his eyes turn glossy and he instantly pounces on the bottom of the bed, scrambling up to me wrapping he arms securely around myself as he realises what he has done. We stay like this for what seemed like hours and with each soft word he spoke in my ear I relaxed, somehow sinking further into his arms as each warm breath tingled against the side of my face captivating my mind and body lulling me into a peaceful slumber along with Mycroft.
~~~
I wake up to the sun warming the side of my face to which I release a content sigh before rolling over to discover the bed was empty creating a newfound sense of coldness taking hold of the room and as well as the warm sunlight that was once tingling on the side of my face. Sighing yet again I remove the bed sheet off of my body in one swift motion allowing the sheet to be caught by the coldness of the room and be lit up by the sun to which I smile and stand on the tip of my toes beginning to stretch.

I walk down to the kitchen, and on my way laugh as I pass the spare bedroom. What happened when I arrived was Mycroft suddenly realised that he didn't have the spider removed from the room which resulted in him insisting I took his bed. Despite all my offers to share Mycroft wasn't having any of it and said he had some work to attend to and wouldn't sleep much of the night anyway, though clearly he got tired and decided to take up my offer; typical.

I bounced down the stairs and turned straight into the kitchen where I could already hear Mycroft and the rustling of his newspaper as well as the cluttering of china. As I walked through the door Mycroft put his newspaper down and looked up at me with a rather annoyed expression, which caused me to let out a huff and I nodded at him to indicate to go on as I made my way to the filled plate on the counter.

As I took the plate and sat down next to him, he decided to turn and look at me "You should be resting, you were shot recently" I took a forkful of my food deciding to ignore him and not meet his gaze, hoping he got the message of my annoyance.

He just looked at me and let out a breath "I was going to bring that into you but I see that their is now no need, when your finished meet me in the study third on the left. We have a little business to do involving work"

He put his plate in the sink before walking back up the stairs, leaving me with the rare gift of peace; I take another forkful of food leaning back in my chair enjoying the peace and sunlight that seemed to be following me. Although I can't help but feel the term business means that this is the calm before the storm.

I go back up the stairs to shower after cleaning away my plate then I change into some light clothing being extremely careful that no fabric touches my wound as it is still rather sore. I give my hair one final brush in the bathroom as I prepare myself for battle before knocking on the study door; now or never.