Chapter 11 ~ Our bloody coin

Your POV
I've been tossing and turning int Hesse sheets for hours, as lovely as they are something's missing. I mean don't get me wrong Mycroft's got a lovely place, but something's missing; pit just feels a little cold. Seems as though everything's blocked out, not plants or pictures not even a cushion. It's lovely really, shame it has so much potential and charm; it's just cold.

That's it, it cold. Unravelling the sheets from my body I gingerly step onto the carpet in one swift hop motion landing on the tip of my toes, honestly I feel like princess and the pea sleeping on such a massive bed. Taking a few steps I reach the old varnished oak window and draw back the rich red curtains, and peer into the night sky to spot stars and the moon. I take a moment to admire the view before checking the windows shut. After re-closing the window I spin back prepared to take on massive leap and hop back into bed.

As soon as I landed on the bed I'm bombarded with with the soft white sheet I could very easily acclimatise to, rolling over I sit up right and let out a groan. Fighting my duvet I get out of the bed and redraw the curtains, as I step back into bed I see the black fuzz again, except this time it's close enough for me to know what it is.

Leaning over to the bedside table, I grab the closes thing I can find. Jane Eye, realising what I've grabbed I put it back in horror that my subconscious chose her and swiftly pick up the next best thing. A hairbrush, my weapon for battle.
~~~
Mycroft's POV
I quickly sit bolt upright, waking from my slumber. Looking around startled my mind finally registers what is happening.

[y/n]

Rushing out of bed I run down the hallway and open the door to [y/n]s room. To which I am met with the sight of her standing upon the bed armed with her bedside lamp looking quite startled. She registers me and smiles then proceeds to point under the bed in a rather frantic motion to which I let out a relieved breath, earning a confused head tilt and more frantic pointing.

Looking at her and then at the bottom of the bed confused by seeing a hairbrush lying in the middle of the room, I ask "What's the matter? I thought you were in danger, you screamed. A rather loud high pitched one at that"

She had one simple response "Spider" To the sound of that very word I bent down and was met with a large thick British house spider lying a foot under the bed "It's their, I'll handle this" in an attempt to look good I picked up a shoe from beside the door and went to throw it at the spider when it decide to move further down. Already on its tail I jumped up onto the bed bending over peering underneath it.

Your POV
Placing the lamp back on the table I watch as Mycroft looks under the bed for the spider. Flopping down on the bed next to him I peer down catching his attention "so what do we do now?" To this he looks back under the bed at the spider and I do the same.

Still staring at the spider he spoke "Unless you want to pick it up then we hav-"  he was interrupted by the spider moving , causing me to squeal and jump up out of the bed running out of the door; unfortunately I didn't stay to see Mycroft's reaction.  Placing my hand back on the door handle the door harshly swung open and Mycroft came running out slamming the door shut, I think he may have done something similar.

Clearing his throat he looked down to me at his side "I don't think throwing a shoe at it did much, so this room may be out of bounds for a while. I would offer you another spare room but they have all been recently converted, so I may I offer you my bed" he asked rather timidly dispute it appears their is no option and this is our only solution.

"I couldn't possibly take your bed from you, you've been kind enough" seeing he was about to protest I took my chance again"How about we flip a coin and do this fairly, winner takes the bed no arguments" to this he nods and I grab a coin from the top of a table on the landing "Heads or tails" I ask placing the coin on my hand flatly, he looks for a moment before answering "tails" Instantly I flip the coin up in the air and go to catch it as it lands, but as I do I trip causing Mycroft to catch me but in the process knock the coin.

Muttering thanks we don't pay attention as we follow the coin rolling down the landing heading towards the stairs, rushing towards the coin like eager children. Our footsteps altering the corse of the coin, noticing this we abruptly stop due to the back the coin in heading to the corner of the wall resulting in the coin falling on the landing floor or falling down the stairs. Both of us make the same choice and swoop to the coin in an attempt to salvage it before it falls either way.

But of course this being our coin, meaning it defies all odds and does something completely different to what was originally planed and predicted. The coin hit the corner of the skirting board and stopped moving altogether, standing still neither side. We both released a breath of frustration "How? It's neither sides, do we share because it's the middle what do we do?" I looked up at him as he began to laugh.

"I guess this is what you call fate; seems we're sharing a bed my dear, due to a spider and a coin"