Chapter 2 ~ Take a seat

Mycroft's POV
I want to scream. Simple, plain as day. Since 8 o'clock this morning, I had been doing these blasted interviews. All of the candidates the same, identical. It's worrying when on multiple occasions you ponder whether all of the candidates are related, I mean obviously they weren't. You begin to worry when you start to question if you can fake a heart attack in order to get away from their dismal excuse for an answer. I mean Anthea said these were the best of the best, how did she put it, ah yes "cream of the crop." Oh that reminds me,

"Well Mrs... Urm Smith thank you for coming in I'm sure your husband won't issue a divorce, now if you do excuse me" and with that I was out the door, walking out with one thing in mind. Chocolate eclairs, 6 chocolatey sweet golden pastry capsules oozing with the finest cream money can buy. With that single thing in mind I walked through the corridor ignoring the other 2 candidates making my way to reception.

But can you honestly blame me Mrs Smith - well soon to be Miss just couldn't stop. If it wasn't her saying her husband was sleeping with her sister it was her cat or the bloody cat sanctuary she supports. These are the best, 2 hours of solid interviews and 17 candidates later we still had Mrs Smiths. I mean their meant to be able to intimidate, take risks, get information, have at least the compulsory 3 brain cells and can defend themselves not file and make tea, although that's rather useful.

I was soon brought out of my daze my a hand, well bump blocking my path "Where do you think your going?" Of course Anthea, she must have been enjoying me being tormented and laughing at their stupidity while observing through the camera.

"You can't go through there" she followed in a rather panicked tone with a matching glint in her eye.
"It's two minutes past eight, she'll be here. Look just go back and endure a few more painful minutes" She added on top of that.

"Why, who are you talking about?" What on earth is she doing, must be the weird pregnancy hormones. I read in a book about these, dreadful things.

"[y/n], I know she's 18 minutes early, but she's punctual and she needs the time" I raised an eyebrow, does she really want me to interview 2 others, one of which hasn't realised that her blouse is inside out. The other held promise, young say 22, athletically fit and has the potential for 2 brain cells, shame she's 6 weeks pregnant although might be good considering she hasn't realised.

And that's when I saw it. Harry the doorman being pulled by the green uniform tie, followed by 4 other men dressed rather smartly with jaws practically dragging across the floor.

Your POV
"Harry was it?" I looked up through my lashes battering them while glancing at the other men giving them each a wink before returning my attention to the matter at hand. After receiving a nod with some rather rose checks, hardly contains his blush I continued my test. In one long movement I put my right hand on his upper arm while my left rest on his jaw slowly moving my hand I extended my index finger to have the tip of my nail meet with the tip of his rather bouncy nose. Looking over his shoulder I saw all 4 men ready to pounce on poor Harry but still with a playful glint in their eye drawing their attention back to moi. With a rather abrupt change I swiftly pulled his number he wrote on a slip of paper out of my cleavage capturing it with in my nails holding the blue paper up to his contrasting broken eyes. Followed by a swift tap on the nose I leaned into his ear and said "Thanks sweet pea, you just lost your job"

And with that I ripped his paper and locked at all 5 men with matching mortified looks "Bye boys" is smirked as they rather quickly removed themselves from the marbled floor. I crouched down and picked up the remains of the paper before turning on my hill and glancing over to the receptionist "Half past ten, Mr Holmes"

She smiled at my act and pointed to my right with a hopeful glint " just at the end, take a seat"
"You don't happen to have bin do you" I asked with slight desperation in my tone. She pulled out an empty paper basket and with that I removed 7 other pieces of paper from my cleavage. Feeling her questioning look I replied "Lords and Business men, all young and powerful. Meaning information and also ivory paper which happens to be the down side, not the most comfortable but give them a wink and they tell you everything. Always stupid, never interesting"

I spun round and walked to the end of the corridor while rather classily may I add, pulling the top of my burgundy dress up add taking a black blazer out of black handbag before delicately placing it on my shoulders. The mahogany door opened before me and I was met with the friendly stare of the 4 months pregnant Anthea smiling down at me "Miss
[y/l/n]" and with that I followed her into a matching mahogany office. As soon as she exited I glanced in front of me to be met with "Take a seat Miss [y/l/n], I think we may be here for some time"