Christmas Special

I am so, so sorry for the late update everyone!!! And also sorry that it's not the chapter that was voted on :( I figured it would be nice to have a little Christmas bonus on Christmas day as well as the usual update, but I got really sick and didn't have a good opportunity to get any writing done.

I seriously meant to upload two chapters this week and I completely hate myself for not being able to do it, sick or not. :( But thank you to everyone that's been so nice about it, and I hope the rest of you can forgive me as well <3 and don't worry, I have every intention of uploading the next chapter on schedule!

So, dedication (and thanks) to @Chatoevia for the awesome idea of a Christmas chapter, because I'm apparently too stupid to think of the idea myself XD And sorry for the long intro...it's 4 a.m. ...I hope it's good XD let's get on with the story!

"What's your favorite Christmas movie?"

"What?" Oswald looked up, startled out of his work.

Ed smiled and asked cheerily, "What is your favorite movie to watch on Christmas?"

The question, truthfully, caught Oswald by surprise. "I'm not really sure, Ed, what is yours?"

Ed shook his head, "No, I really want to know your favorite. Think hard. Give me a full list if you have to, I just need to know."

"I guess I've never really thought about it," Oswald answered honestly, trying to give the question some thought. "When I was younger I always had a bit of a fascination with Frosty the Snowman...but I guess as I grew older I started to like Miracle on 34th Street more. Does...that answer your question?"

"Perfectly," Ed said. "I'll see you tomorrow night then."

"Tomorrow night?" Oswald asked, surprised.

Ed frowned slightly. "On Christmas Eve. Tomorrow."

"Christmas Eve...already?" Oswald's eyes widened. When she was alive, his mother had always given him months of notice before the holidays, even long after he was a grown man, of course. He realized with a pang that last year, after her death, he had missed Christmas entirely. Was it when he was in Arkham? Or when he had gone to live with his father? He couldn't even be sure.

Then Oswald looked up. "Were you planning for us to spend the day together?"

Edward blushed slightly, a rare but good look on him. Then he said, "Well I was hoping we could...but of course if you have other plans or don't want to for whatever reason it's perfectly fine if-"

"No, of course, I would love to spend Christmas with you!" Oswald announced pleasantly, standing up quickly. "I just...wasn't expecting this at all."

"So...I will be seeing you tomorrow?"

"Of course," Oswald assured with a giddy smile.

~?

It was ultimately decided that they would spent the evening together, and then Christmas Day as well, but that left a big opening on Christmas Eve where Oswald had virtually nothing to occupy his time. It was surprisingly difficult to keep himself occupied, and that only gave him more of a chance to think of his mother.

If she were still alive, she would be spoiling him rotten with everything he could ever wish for-that was within her ability to grant him, of course. All of his favorite presents, his favorite meals, his favorite movies...they didn't have much, but on the holidays they could afford to splurge just a little bit, enough to satisfy the basic requests of a boy who didn't expect much. And he had relatively small dreams when he was younger. Santa Claus could always deliver exactly what he asked for.