Hold On...

There is a Nygmobblepot music video with this song already but there is another ship in it as well...so it just doesn't do it for me honestly. That being said, if one of you amazing people would actually make a nygmobblepot MV to this song...oh my gosh I would love you forever. I don't want to pressure anyone into doing it by any means! And don't feel bad if you don't, I'm just saying it would be super amazing. But if you do make one, PLEASE let me know, and I can attach it to this chapter and give you a dedication. :)

Also, feel free to ask me to read any of your fanfictions or watch any videos you've made, I want us to be a community! So don't be afraid to advertise some of your gotham stuff and recommend others, I would love to hear ideas! Sorry if I seem a little pushy, but I am so craving anything Nygmobblepot right about now and I would love to hear from everyone! Sorry again, I don't want to pressure anyone.

Big spoilers for season 3 episode 14 ;) enjoy!

Hoooold, hold on, hold on to me

'Cause I'm a little unsteady.

If you love me, don't let go...

Ed watched as Oswald fell back into the water, seeming almost like slow-motion. He felt grim pleasure at it, watching the blood soak into Oswald's undershirt, knowing everything he had done to hurt him. At least now that Isabella's untimely death was avenged...he could live in peace.

But he looked up as Oswald tipped backwards. And he felt all resolve within him shatter into a million pieces. The Penguin's eyes were filled with pain, but not in the physical sense. Even after all Ed had done to him, the number of ways he had plotted to ruin his life, and the horrible hurt he had caused...Oswald still forgave him for all of it. But Ed still shot him.

A tear rolled down Ed's cheek as he listened numbly to the dull splash of Oswald's body hitting the water. When he was finally able to look down, he only saw a shade of red clouding the water, the only sign that remained of Oswald, the man who had loved him unconditionally. The man...who had forgiven him for trying to ruin his life...forgave him, even, for taking his life in the end.

After everything Edward had taken from him...what did he have left?

One thought was all that came to him then: what if Isabella had done the same to him? What if he had loved her with all his heart, as he assumed he did, and she had tried to ruin his life? After, he pictured her with a gun pointed to his back as she walked him to the end of the pier, a cruel and satisfied grin on her face. And all of it ended with her...burying a bullet in his stomach and pushing him off the edge into a river, his final resting place.

At that Ed fell to his knees, kneeling over the bloodied water.

If you love me, don't let go.

~

Oswald took a deep breath, and his body was filled with a blazing pain. His stomach felt like it was actually on fire, as if a flame was feeding on him from the inside, burning its way out until it consumed him.

And yet nothing happened.

He heard beeping...was he in a hospital? He slowly opened his eyes and was immediately overwhelmed by the blinding white room surrounding him on all sides. So it must have been a hospital. But why? How? It took him a minute to remember something: the burning pain as a bullet tore through his body, and then suddenly cold. There had been a seemingly endless cold that consumed him.

He heard the door crack open.

"Oswald!?"

He opened his eyes again just in time to see Ed all but attack him. He instinctively tensed for a moment, but realized that the man's movements weren't exactly hostile, despite how strong his grip was around him. A hug?

"Ed?" he murmured hoarsely. He remembered what had happened, remembered gazing into those brown eyes, then filled with hate and satisfaction. But he was more curious than he was afraid. Deep down, he knew that he had more or less gotten what he deserved. "Ed what...?"

Ed was shaking from head to toe; visibly trembling as he clung to Oswald as tight as he could. Then he pulled away, as if he was abruptly aware of Oswald simply watching him confusedly, unmoving.

Nygma nervously cleared his throat. "Oswald...please say something. I know you hate me for what I've done, but just tell me to go. I'll understand."

"Ed," Oswald choked in a raspy voice, "of course I forgive you."

A look of doubt crossed Ed's face for the briefest moment, until he seemed to register the words. With a tear in his eye he moved forward and planted a firm kiss on the edge of Oswald's mouth. After a moment of surprise, Oswald turned his face and grabbed Ed's with shaking hands to kiss him full-on.

He wasn't entirely sure if he was high on some overpowered painkiller or merely delusional from passing out and almost dying...but he felt that it was the best sensation in the world. But he was deathly terrified that it was some illusion; that maybe he was really dead and being tormented by his past, or he was still unconscious and would wake up to Ed trying to kill him instead. But the way that Ed clung to his shoulders, refusing to relax his grip for a second, began to convince Oswald otherwise.

"Ed?" he whispered again, trying to make sure.

"Oswald," the man whispered desperately, more tears falling as he kissed him again.

"Ed...h-hold on." It was all he could really think to say at a time like that, when the man he loved was right there with him and he thought he might lose consciousness again at any moment.

"Of course Oswald," Ed murmured as he held him even tighter in his arms. "Of course I will."

Edward's mind flashed back to when he had killed Kristen, and he knew he could never do that again. He could never let that happen again. The tears began to stream down his face without restraint, and he let out a little sob as he buried his head in Oswald's shoulder to hide the tears as best he could.

And Edward said with a hiccuping breath, "I can't ever let you go."

I didn't like this song too much before but it suddenly seems to fit this ship so much in my mind I just can't function any more.

I'll try to get out some more chapters over the winter break to keep everyone (including myself) happy, but if you've noticed I'm not very good at keeping a schedule. So now instead of forcing out content, I'm going to try to take it easy and share chapters that i can really be proud of, and do my best to make everyone happy. I'm not sure how much I'm going to stick with the whole "voting" thing anymore because, again, it feels like I'm forcing out writing that isn't as good as I would like, but by all means feel free to let me know what you want to read and give me lots of suggestions. :)

That ending pretty much murdered what was left of my emotions. Comment if you feel the same. </3 now is definitely a good time to pump out as much nygmobblepot love as we can.

Fyi I started writing this as soon as I finished watching the episode. That's five hours...sleep is for the weak! Aaand unfortunately i am weak. Good night all...and I'm sorry that we are all attached to this sinking ship.

sinking...

sinking.........

Kinda hate myself now

Edwald Nygmobblepot One-Shotsजहाँ कहानियाँ रहती हैं। अभी खोजें