Prologue

Dear Future Husband,

Mother used to tell me: your husband is your lover, your protector, your adviser, your companion, your comfort, your peace and your uttermost love. Your beauty is for his eyes only; you're untouchable to any man but him.

I naturally found her words extreme but as I grew, watching all those couples, hand in hand, made me realize how unfeigned and honest my mother's words were.

I'll try my hardest to make our bond the strongest of all. I'll strive to be the wife you'll want me to be. They say a way to man's heart is his stomach, so I'll cook for you your favorite dishes. I'll overload your dinner table with appetizing cuisines and trust me when I say: I'm better than those Masterchef champions.

I'll stand by you on your greatest of days. I'll walk right next to you, hand in hand. I'll put a smile on your face whenever you have the urge to frown. In the most toughest of times, I'll walk beside you with an appreciative smile on my face, and I'll thank our lord Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى for you everyday.

However, I'll be needing some things in return. I'm not very materialistic, so you don't have to fret about purchasing me a gigantic house or a car worth millions. I can be pleased by chocolate donuts, thank you very much.

I'd want you to hold me in your arms when I'm upset, and I'd want you to run your fingers through my hair just so I could think straight. Even if it is cheesy, I'd want you to tell me I'm beautiful. I'd want you to share your happiness with me, so we could spend wonderful moments together. I'd want you to rub my tears away and tell me it'll all be okay.

Dear Future Husband, don't lie to me. Be as honest as you'd want me to be. Don't look at those pretty ladies when your gaze is just meant for me. Don't hurt me intentionally.

"Prophet Muhammad صلى الله عليه وآله وسلم said: when a husband and wife look at each other with love, Allah سُبْحَانَهُ وَ تَعَالَى looks at them with mercy. -Sahih Bukhari 6:19"

Dear Future Husband, let's love till the day we die. Let's slide together in every ride. Let's share our feelings all the time. Let's hold onto each other and be grateful to our Lord every night. Let's do it our way: The Halal Way

As Salamu Alaykum, I want to share this Halal Love Story with all you sisters and brothers out there. Allah (s.w.t), the most merciful and forgiving, has described a husband and wife's relationship so beautifully in the Quran and so has Rasulullah (s) in the Ahadith.

I want to give an example of Zaib & Zoya's love story in which mistakes are made, problems are there, but Allah blessed the two, so what wasn't easy to conquer? If I make any mistake throughout the book, please let me know. No ones a perfection but Allah.

Jazak Allah Khair.