13

Zoya

"You're going to regret this Zaib whatever your last name is," she spat, rolling her eyes the annoying man sitting meters away from her. His eyes were narrowed in amusement as he stared at Zoya, surveying her furious gaze.

Zoya stood to her feet, eyeing the lovebirds on the other side smiling at each other. "You guys are lying. I really am sure! He was cheating." she restated, feeling desperate for some validation but Naimat stood up and grabbed her wrist pulling her along with her. Zoya followed with a scowl and recognized the kitchen.

"Zoe, you accused him for no reason," Naimat scolded, eyeing her. Zoya gasped dramatically, eyes widening in disbelief. "You're really just betraying me like that?" Her voice deepened and she muttered in a dangerously low voice.

"Zoe, you little—"

"You're just siding with him cause he's your fiancé's best friend!" Zoya interrupted, frustratedly accusing Naimat.

Naimat stared at her, unimpressed. "You won't listen anyways so I'll leave you alone to do what Zaib's asked for. Good luck." And she marched right out, abandoning Zoya who had now lost the color of her face. Zoya nibbled on her lower lip, staring off at the distance in defeat. No one was siding with her so maybe, she really was wrong. Zoya was already aware Naimat would not side with Zaib just for Ehsan.

She just wanted to somehow be proven right so she could avoid doing what Zaib had asked for her to do. Zoya sighed, searching around. She opened up random drawers looking for the things she'd need for his stupid challenge.

The flashback of his cruelty came back to Zoya.

Flashback

"Why can't you just let this go," Zoya mumbled, unintentionally pouting for forgiveness.

Zaib's smile only widened and even though his smile radiated sweetness, it was far from that. "And why should I be doing that? Zoya Malik?" His voice brewing with sarcasm.

Zoya glared daggers. "What do you want?" She grumbled.

"I want you."

Everyone in the room paused. Everyone including Zoya who sat frigid with eyes zeroed in horror but her heart tweaking in wonder. Her heartbeat escalated and pumped so hard, she felt her body quiver due to the intensity of it. Those words were heavier than she could bear.

"—to bake me red velvet cupcakes."

Zaib was quite unpredictable. He could've asked for anything, literally any expensive item but he simply asked for cupcakes. Ironically, it was the one thing Zoya had trouble making. It was almost like he was aware of the fact that Zoya sucked at baking.

Flashback Over

Zoya stood in the middle of the kitchen with arms folded over her chest, a scrunch masking her features. Couldn't that green eyed smug have asked for some cash or something? It would've spared her the embarrassment. More than the frustration towards him, she was shocked since Naimat abandoned her in such a horrifying situation. She knew Zoya was the worst at baking! Did she really have to leave?

Zoya nibbled on her lower lip. His sinister smirk replayed in her memory and she suddenly felt the urge to prove herself to him.

If he could irk her by a challenge, she could annoy him by completing the challenge successfully. She was going to give it her best shot!

Zoya rolled the sleeves of her shirt up to her elbow and pulled the dangling part of her hijab up, tying it to the back, determined to set things straight. She searched around looking for the apron. Zoya wasn't going to stand there mopping about her idiotic friend and her idiotic friend's fiancé's best-friend.