28

Zaib

"The construction services have been contacted. We will be starting this project within a week or two," Ehsan reported as they reached the end of their new project's PowerPoint presentation. All the colleagues clapped simultaneously while Zaib stood in approval.

"Well done Ehsan. I do agree that it's not a huge project like the recent shopping mall we worked on but it's necessary for educational purposes. Within the 142.5 miles radius of Seattle, there's only 2 museums in total which is absurd. Our goal is to create an endearing place for kids today," Zaib concluded and everyone seemed to agree with a nod.

"Any questions?"

Aliya, the annoying brunette raised her hand. Zaib struggled to not roll his eyes and motioned for her to speak her mind. Aliya flashed her ingenious smile before speaking, "Shahamill, the area of construction is actually home to many civilians. Are we just going to destroy the entire town?"

Sure Aliya was dense and smug but she did have some very great capabilities.

"That's a good question. Well, yes the construction site does involve a small town but our investors have already discussed the issue with the mayor. Mr. Brunley has decided to fund for the construction of new homes for the people of Shahamill in Lake City. There will be no complication."

Aliya nodded. Zaib silently awaited for more questions. "Zaib, do we get started on the model?" Zack questioned from the right corner of the dark meeting room.

"No. Last time I left it to you guys, there were huge complications and the proportions were uneven. I'll personally draw out the rough sketch and hand it to Ehsan to monitor the model. I do not want anyone to leave chances of error. Mr. Brunley is investing tons for this museum to accomplish success. We have to get this done right."

Everyone nodded in unison, remembering the horrors of the shopping mall incident. They had to work overtime for six months straight without extra payment just because Juan messed up the entrance measurements.

"Alright, best of luck fellas!" Ehsan roared and Zack and Juan did a handshake before rushing out of the gloomy meeting room. Whenever a new project struck their doorstep, everyone seemed to burst into joy and ecstasy.

"You want help with the sketch?" Aliya questioned in a crafty tone, hoping to get some time alone. Zaib rolled his eyes and rushed to the door, briefcase in hand and exited the room. He heard her grunt and sighed. Ehsan followed suit and they both went into their working room.

"Zaib, Aliya needs to know you are about to get married," Ehsan muttered as he broke into fits of laughter. Zaib shrugged off the awkwardness and pulled up his notebook.

"What? You're leaving already! Bro, calm down. We can go to the site together for the measurements tomorrow," Ehsan recommended. Zaib shook his head. "I have to work on the sketch as soon as possible. The model will not be ready until two weeks considering our team's speed."

Ehsan groaned as Zaib grabbed his umbrella and departed from the office. Zaib was a determined man and disliked anything getting in between his work and passion. He always prepared ahead of time.

As he started his car, he added the location of the town into his GPS and drove away. He reached within the next thirty minutes. The sun was soon about to set and the clouds were beginning to gather. Zaib parked his car near a phone booth and exited the vehicle.

The town was eerily quiet and not many people were visible. The shanties were uncountable and spread unintelligently. He walked ahead and came across unestablished roads. The pathway was flooded with filth, leaving a despicable whiff to fill the air. There was discarded industrial waste, polluting the air by releasing harmful gases such as carbon monoxide.