41

Zaib/Zoya

"Zaib, why are you so far back? Come and see this!" Zoya yelled with exhilaration as she ran up a hill, getting closer to the base where they would take a cable car up the mountain. Near the base was a unique playground which seemed to be for kids as well as adults. There was a tyre hanging off a zip-line where a person was to sit and enjoy the pushing.

There was a small swing set and a bigger one and various different kinds of activities, including a hammock.

Zoya was having the time of her life, running around in her puffy cream coat which she wore with a black top and light-washed jeans underneath. A beige beanie sat on top of her black hijab as it would get very cold higher up the mountain. Zaib had insisted on her wearing gloves due to the climate even though she was sure she could handle the cold.

Behind her, Zaib took his time coming up the hill, admiring the scenery and taking pictures with his camera. He found his breath caught in his throat when his eyes fell upon Zoya who was laughing in delight. There was a sparkle in her eyes and her whole face lit up, her cheeks and nose pink from the cold.

Absentmindedly, he clicked the button on his camera and captured that moment. Looking down at the photo he felt overwhelming adoration for his wife. This picture captured Zoya in a way he wanted to see her forever- truly happy.

He would be printing this the second they returned.

Looking up, he realised she was nowhere to be seen. Confused, he stalked up the hill at a faster pace and looked around. Then he saw her standing near the playground, turned to him. "Come here!" She gestured him over.

There were not a lot of people there due to the extreme weather, only a couple of families were visible. It wasn't a vacation period in the year so there weren't many tourists in general.

When he arrived, she sat on the bigger swing. "Push me please?" Zaib grinned and wordlessly pushed against the swing. Zoya shrieked at the strength, going higher with every push. "You can stop now!"

He stepped back and watched her soar. She looked so blissful. Zoya hadn't been on a swing in years and she had forgotten how it felt like to take a step back and just enjoy life with the flow of wind hitting her every second. After a few minutes, she slowed herself down and jumped off the swing.

"I want to try the hammock next."

After spending about half an hour at the playground, they decided to start their journey up the mountain. They approached the cable car station first base and stood in the short line to get on. Seeing that people had to get on while the cable car was still moving, Zoya felt a bit nervous.

Zaib felt Zoya stiffen next to him and squeezed her hand, "We'll get on together so don't worry," he promised. She nodded, feeling the courage takeover. She didn't trust herself with anything but Zaib was beside her.

When their turn came, Zaib while holding her hand, pushed himself forward helping Zoya along with him. She let out a sigh of relief and they both sat down in the small compartment.

There were going to be two more bases before they would reach the glaciers.

"Zaib, the view from here is even more pretty," she gushed and Zaib stared at her lovingly.

"My view is better." Zoya looked at him wondering what he was referring to and blushed when she realized his gaze was pinned at her. His gaze on her gave her an overwhelming sense of joy.

"Zaib, why are you so good at flirting?" She stared with disdain, eyeing him suspiciously.

His eyes grew small as he broke into a melodious laugh, his body shaking with the effect. She, however, remained unamused. When he finally calmed down, he pulled her arm, pulling her towards him to sit next to him.