8- I Don't Know

Two days after I had hermited away in my room, I was woken up by Will hitting me in the head with my own pillow. It was annoying but it was better than Andy tossing water on my face so I didn’t complain that much, I just grumbled incoherently and then rolled over to look at him.

“What?” I asked him sleepily.

“Are you aware of how heavy of a sleeper you are?” He asked me teasingly. “Seriously, you’re like a bear or something.”

“Good morning to you too,” I said with a long yawn. “What do you want?”

“Those soccer tryouts are today,” Will told me. “So you have to start getting ready now.”

“Wait, they’re today?” I wonder, sitting up in the bed to look at him with wide eyes. “And you’re just telling me right now?”

He shrugs, tossing the pillow weapon back onto the bed. “Well, I found out a few days ago but you weren’t being very friendly so I decided to wait. You still have some time, you have to be at the school at one so eat some breakfast, get pumped, and then Andy’s going to take you to the school then.”

“Andy?”

“Yeah, I have practice all day at the rink, which isn’t at the school,” He explains. “And Andy volunteered to take you since you don’t have a car and you also don’t know how to get to the high school.”

“Great,” I sighed, trying to figure out what type of prank he would try to pull. After I pulled the stunt with the boat, he hadn’t retaliated but I was sure that it was coming. That guy wouldn’t just quit, I knew that for sure. I just hoped that he didn’t try anything today that would affect my tryout for the soccer team.

“Andy only teases you so much because he likes you,” Will tells me with a little laugh as I stand up from my bed so that I can get ready.

“I feel honored,” I muttered. “Really. Anyway, I have to get dressed so I’ll see you downstairs.”

“Alright, well I’ll see you tonight, I actually have to get to practice soon. When I get back tonight, you can tell me how it all goes over dinner or something.”

“Sure,” I said with an uncontrolled laugh that came out more as a giggle. “Dinner.”

I guess what I just said kind of counteracted what I had decided a few days earlier- that I didn’t want to deal with romance or anything related to it but I guess that I just wanted to do what felt right. And just sitting down to have a dinner that wasn’t with a bazillion males shouting at each other sounded really nice.

“Cool,” He offered me a somewhat charming smile before disappearing out the door, leaving me alone in my room. I take a quick shower and then got dressed in workout shorts and a t-shirt with my hair in a high pony tail to keep my hair out of my face.

When I got downstairs, Andy, Carter, and Tommy were sitting in the living room eating bowls of cereal. They didn’t eat at the table every morning for breakfast, which only happened when Tom didn’t have to go into work early so that he could have breakfast with the family. When he went to work though, everybody just had toast or cereal or whatever they wanted and Alijah and Ace were dropped off at a babysitter’s house.

I went into the kitchen to grab something to eat for myself and then returned to the living room with an apple and a bottle of water. They were watching some cable action movie so I just sat down on the large comfortable chair to the right of the couch.

“So, are you ready for these tryouts?” Tommy asked me, barely glancing in my direction before returning his attention to the TV.

“I guess so. I haven’t played in a while so I’m a bit rusty but I’m sure that I’ll do fine. If not then oh well, I tried,” I shrugged, taking a bite of the apple.