34- He is Such a Diva

“I will do chores,” Will was saying when I walk down to the kitchen for dinner on the Monday after school started back up from winter break. I had already felt exhausted so I took a nap and overslept, so I was late for dinner and everybody else was already eating when I took a seat between Carter and Andy.

“No you won’t,” Tom scoffed at the idea. “And anyway, it’s still a no.”

“Dad,” Will refuted. “Please. You have to let me do this. I will never get a chance like this again.”

“I’m not going to relent on this, William,” Tom said with a shake of his head.

“What’s that about?” I whispered over to Carter curiously as I plopped some mashed potatoes onto my plate and then some lemon rosemary chicken.

“Will wants to throw another party this weekend because his birthday is tomorrow,” He informed me.

“Wait, another party?” I wondered incredulously, out loud this time. “Will, you literally just threw the biggest party of the year. I can still smell vomit in the hallways. Why on earth do you want to throw another one?”

“See? Even Maddie sees my point here,” Tom motions to me and Will shoots me a glare, I just sink back into my chair, realizing that I shouldn’t get involved.

“But I’m turning eighteen and that’s kind of a big deal,” Will sighed. “It won’t even be that big. Just maybe twenty people.”

“No.”

“Ten?”

“No.”

“Dad.”

“No, Will. It’s not happening. Carter turns nineteen next month and then Andy is twenty a few weeks after that, so you can wait until then to throw another party. You know, you’re lucky that I even let you throw these parties at all. I know that there’s alcohol and probably drugs at them, so I shouldn’t even let you throw the parties that you already throw.”

“You wouldn’t do that. Really, Dad.”

“Don’t test me,” Tom warns his son. “Anyway, how was your first day of class back from break?”

“Tiresome,” Carter supplies.

“And what about the new job, Tommy? How’s that going for you?” Tom wondered, obviously just hoping to keep the subject off of Will’s ridiculous urge to throw another party. I even heard how legendary the New Year was at school today, people were talking about it so much and then of course Sophie, Paige, and Aster filled me in on everything too.

Apparently, what Ethan had drunkenly called Carter to tell him that Will proposed to Aster, that wasn’t a lie. He was really drunk, of course, and when he got on one knee and offered Aster a ring made out of a gum wrapper, she slapped him. It was apparently epic. He did, however, manage to talk her into a date so I guess that’s a baby step.

Tommy went on to explain that he liked his new job and if everything went well within the next month, he and Anna will be looking for apartments soon, which is really exciting.

That night, I slept in Carter’s room but we didn’t have sex. We’d done that a lot in the cabin, along with snow ball fights and building snowmen outside but there was also a whole lot of making out and sex. And we’d just gotten back on Sunday, so all we did was sleep and then we woke up together for school on Tuesday.

Will was still moaning and groaning about not being able to throw a birthday party for himself this weekend even though we’d all gotten him presents and at school, everybody was wishing him a happy birthday. How every single person in that school knew that it was his birthday, I will never know. The hockey team even shouted the happy birthday song through the hallways during lunch, but when we got back home Will was still upset about the party.