16- So Pessimistic

"Loosen it."

"I've loosened it like ten times."

"Do it again."

"You're just nervous."

"Loosen it." Andy ordered.

“Fine,” I sighed, loosening the yellow tie one more time around his neck. “You do know that Sophie doesn’t like yellow though, right?”

“And you’re just now telling me this?” He wondered hysterically with a long sigh as he gives me an annoyed look. I let the attitude pass since he was obviously nervous for his date with Sophie tonight and it was his first real date since sophomore year.

“I just now remembered,” I shrugged. “Her favorite color is navy blue.”

“I don’t have a navy tie,” Andy mumbled. “Oh. You know, I think Will has one. Can you go get it?”

“Go get it yourself,” I said to him, sitting on the edge of his bed as he took off the yellow tie and started fidgeting through his large closet.

“I have to find another shirt.”

“Your shirt is fine.”

“Just go get the tie,” He sighed and then as an afterthought, he turned to me and added, “Please.”

“Fine. I’ll see what I can do,” I complied, leaving his room where he had brought me (by force) to help him get ready for his date about an hour and a half ago because he didn’t know what to wear. It was adorable to see him so nervous about a girl- Sophie nonetheless because all the while that he’d been ranting about how nervous he was for the date, Sophie had been texting me just about the same thing.

I knocked on Will’s door a few times before it swung open and when he saw that it was me, he seemed kind of surprised, which made since considering I hadn’t willingly spoken to him since last weekend, when the whole party kissing fiasco went down. I was over what had happened, I just never really ran into him that much. When I had really liked him, I put an effort into hanging out with him and talking to him a lot but now, I just don’t try. I felt indifferent toward him.

“Hey, do you have a navy blue tie?” I ask him. “Or any blue tie?”

“Um. Sure?” He confirmed but it sounded like a question, probably because he was confused as to why I needed a tie.

“It’s for Andy,” I informed him with a quiet sigh.

“Oh, right he has that thing with Sophie tonight,” He recalled as he went back into his room to his closet to find a tie.

“A date,” I reminded him as if he didn’t even know what a date was or he just couldn’t even bear to say the word. “He’s really nervous.”

“That must be a sight,” He said with a small laugh. “Andy rarely ever gets nervous.”

“Well, he really likes Sophie and she apparently really likes him back so they’re both pretty nervous about it,” I explained, leaning against the doorway of his room. He’d disappeared all the way into his closet but I didn’t go into his room at all just because I felt like now that we weren’t anything, it would be weird.

“It’s just,” Will began, coming out of his closet with a simple navy blue tie and he walks over to me, handing me the tie. “That he’s more of a hooking up kind of guy, not really one for dating,”

“Really,” I sighed and I knew that I shouldn’t say what I was about to say but I couldn’t help it. It was beyond my will. “It must run in the family then.”