12- Who's Your Favorite?

A week later, I was packing a small duffel bag with things to spend the night at Paige’s house that night. I had two bikinis and a beach towel with pajamas and an outfit for the next day and all of that stuff.

“So, you still need a ride over to your friend’s house, right?” Andy wondered for about the umpteenth time that day as he hovered over me while I packed everything on my bed.

“I’m sure I’ll figure something out,” I assured him with a long sigh. “I appreciate your concern.”

“You know, I am completely free so I am volunteering to take you over there,” He said with a wide grin as if he had just thought about that when in fact, he had offered this same thing a billion times within the last week.

“Do you even register how creepy you are?” I asked him with raised eyebrows.

“Creepy?” He echoed as if that was just the craziest thing that he had ever heard in his entire life. “I’m just trying to do you a favor. You don’t have a car. I have a car. It just makes sense that I drive you to this pool party.”

“Right. Where there will be a plethora of girls- athletes, which are your favorite and it’s awful that I know that- in bikinis,” I said as if he didn’t already know that. It was the only reason he was being so persistent about the whole thing.

“You know, that thought hadn’t even occurred to me,” He lied and I wondered if he was only joking or if he really thought that I was that ridiculously stupid. Either way, I was offended that he thought that it would work on me.

“And even if you did give me a ride, you wouldn’t be getting out of the car so it’s not like you would see any of the girls anyway,” I told him, zipping up the bag. “So I have no idea what you’re trying to do here but I’m not going to take the bait. Thanks for the offer, but I’ll find a ride from somebody else.”

“You know, I am actually offended that you think so lowly of me,” Andy said to me, following me out of my room as I shut the door behind me and we started walking down the hallway. “Can’t I just want to do something nice for you without being interested in seeing some hot girls in bikinis?”

“No, you can’t,” I shook my head at him. “Because you’re creepily into girls that are too young for you.”

“I’m not that old!” He argued and when I raised my eyebrows at him, he elaborated on that. “I mean, not that it matters because I wasn’t trying to look at them anyway and I just want to do something nice for you and please let me give you a ride.”

I rolled my eyes at him but didn’t justify his plead with an answer as I knocked on Will’s bedroom door and even though I’d made it obvious that I wasn’t going to give in to Andy, he stayed right there with me and watched as Will opened his door. The first thing that I noticed when he opened the door was that he was shirtless. Of course. I looked up at his face like a polite human being but in my peripheral vision, I could still appreciate his tan torso and all of its muscular glory.

“Hey, can you give me a ride really quick?” I asked him.

“Oh, come on, Maddie!” Andy groaned, leaning against the wall beside the door. 

“Uh, sure,” He nodded. “What’s with him?”

“He’s mad that I won’t let him creep out my friends like he so wants to.”

“Oh, right, you’re going to that pool party today, right? Wow, I bet you’re just dying inside over there, aren’t you?” Will grinned at his brother, who was still throwing his tantrum. “Just let me get a shirt and we can go.”