# 10

'Jen, where are you?'

-JS-

'Jennie, you're late~ Hurry up~'

-L-

'Jennie, are you coming or not~ We're hungry, we want to eat~'

-R-

Jennie wakes up the second time by the phone messages sounds. She groans. Jennie reaches out for her phone and saw hundreds of texts from her best friends.

"Oh no..."

-----

Jennie was having the best and worst night of her life and now, here she is, sitting inside the café, getting yelled at by her best friends for asking them out and then showed up 30 minutes late.

_I can't believe you just forgot about our date like that!

_You? Overslept?

_Jennie, I haven't got anything to eat today and you're late~

_You're not the overslept type! Tell us what happened!

_And you will pay for the food!

It was 'kind of' her fault so Jennie keeps herself silent and nods her head as if she was a nodding machine. The three finally stop, they can't shout at her if she keeps making that guilty puppy face and 'please forgive me' eyes. Jennie always manage to get herself out of trouble like that, she knows it's her friends' weakness.

_So~ What do you guys want to eat?

And just by that, they become a normal girlfriend group again, talking about foods and clothes and 'guys'. Speaking of guys, Lisa happily said that next week is her and Ten's 4 years anniversary so she hope that Jisoo, Jennie and Rose could celebrate it with her.

_It's been 4 years already? Wow, Lis, you guys are totally gonna get married~

Rose says with admired tone.

_Maybe~ Who knows?

Lisa is having the best time of her life. She has been dating Ten for over 4 years but they were only official for 4 years, he is the one, she can feel it, and if they can take another step, it would be awesome. Moreover, her parents really like him, sometimes her mom would call her to talk about him and not even mention or ask anything about her life or work recently.

_How about you, Rose? How's you and Jaehyun?

Jennie turns to Rose.

_Well, we're still a happy couple. Jae is great but sometimes he gets too busy with his work, however, he never forgot to make time for me~

Rose shyly smiles. Her boyfriend always said sorry for not spending enough time with her. They have been together for almost 3 years, they even lived together. Every time he has too much works which cause him to come home late, he always checks on her every 30 minutes to tell her not to wait for him. She couldn't ask for more.

_Wait, why did you guys go from youngest to oldest? Jisoo unnie supposed to tell us about her marriage life first~

Lisa pouts and points at Jisoo, which makes the older girl startles. Jisoo sticks her tongue out and look at her sisters with 'please don't' eyes but it didn't work.

_Me? I'm marriage, what do you guys want to know?

She acts like she is angry, lifts her chin up and puts her hands on her hips.

_You guys want to know that I have to come home early every day to cook dinner? You guys want to know that marriage life is a 'don't-look-at-other-guys' life? Is that what you guys want to know?

And the 3 start to laugh.

_No, we want to know about that huge diamond ring and your purse and shoes and clothes and especially, your new house~

Jennie looks at Jisoo with playfully sarcastic expressions. And Jisoo blushes.

_What ring, what clothes, what shoes, what house? I have no idea~

_Ayeee unnie, lying is not good, remember? You've just posted on Instagram the other day, you've already forgot?

Lisa pokes her in the arm.

On the other hand, Jisoo is trying to act as innocent as possible and trying to find a way to get out of this situation. She hasn't been single for about 2 years and her husband, Taeil, is probably the best husband in the universe. He asked her to leave the house chores to him since 'you're too pretty to do those works' but sadly, her mom found out about this 2 months earlier and she called her every day to check ever since.

So Taeil said that he'll make it up to her and he buys her a gift every month.

_It's your turn, Jennie, why did you overslept last night?

_Me? It's nothing~ I'm only in a contract marriage remember? Nothing special~

Jisoo looks like she is scanning Jennie with her suspicious eyes, Lisa lets out a 'hmm', Rose is staring at her and Jennie is trying to keep avoiding them.

_But you are the one that told us to come. There must be something wrong~

Jennie feels like she is sweating hard inside. Last night, she texted them because she wanted to reduce her stress, and her heartbeat... But now that she thinks about it, if she told them, they might show up at Taeyong's door with a knife.

_I only miss you guys, that's it.

_Hmm~ Smell fishy...

Lisa leans closer to Jennie.

_But I don't smell anything~ There are no fish here Lis-

_Rose! Focus!

And they return to Jennie again just when she thought that Rose's dumb statement might caught the other two's attention. She even sniffs the air by the way.

_Was it about Taeyong? Did he do something to you? You sounded like you were very emotional last night...