# 18

Taeyong took Jennie to work just as he promised. There were an awfully awkward silent on the car and neither of them knew how to pick up the conversation first. They slept together last night and Taeyong doesn't hate it, neither does Jennie, however, that's exactly why starting a conversation became so hard for them.

Jennie quietly sigh. She hates these kinds of situation.

"Well...Eventually, someone has to speak up first...," she thought.

_So...when will you come back?

Taeyong was surprised. He doesn't think that Jennie would speak up first. Normally, it would have been him, or they would have stayed silent until they reach her work place.

_Missed me already?

He winked at her and received a disgust facial expression from his 'beloved' wife.

_Sorry I cared.

She cutely pouted and turned her head away, leaning angrily on the window and probably is cursing him at that moment. Taeyong can't helped but let out a small chuckle.

_Fine, fine. I'll be away for about two week; can you handle things on your own?

"That's such a long time without him..." Jennie unknowingly said to herself. Suddenly, she found herself missing him more than ever although he was still here, sitting next to her. Jennie looked outside the window in silent. Taeyong took a peek at Jennie and decide that he should keep talking to brighten the mood.

_Do you have anything in your mind that you want to tell me?

_...

And that's how it all came back to silent again.

Shortly after, the two arrived at Jennie's work place. He got out first and then went to the other side of the car to open the door for her.

_There you go! Have a nice day at work, Jen~

_...

Jennie still stayed silent, she stood still in front of him and looked at the ground. Taeyong can see her shaking a little bit before she said something and reaching up, gave him a soft kiss on his cheek out of the blue.

_Have a safe trip.

Jennie thought that she can quickly ran away from embarrassments of facing him afterwards, but she was wrong. Taeyong, despite startled a bit, still managed to catch Jennie's wrist and spin her around, made her face him again.

_You think that you can get away with that unprofessional and sloppy kiss? That's not how you kiss goodbye to your husband, who is not going to be around for the next two weeks, Jennie.

He leaned down and placed a soft but longing kiss on her lips, making Jennie blushed harder than ever. In one split second, Jennie was kissing Taeyong back and placed her hands around his neck while he locked her tightly by her waist.

Suddenly, she realized something and broke the kiss.

_Taeyong, stop, people are looking at us~ This is a public place, remember?

_So? We're married, remember?

Taeyong playfully winked, he enjoys watching her cheeks redden for his words. He then gently pulled Jennie into his arm and hugged her tightly, it might only be her imagination but she can feel him sighed quietly.

-

"I wish I can tell you that I'll miss you..."

-

Jennie has to admit, she is such a pathetic person. It has only been 24 hours since Taeyong's flight taken off and she has never missed him more. Actually, there was a time when they broke up 4 years ago, Jennie felt like she was dying and almost thinking of suicide. Luckily, Jisoo, Lisa and Rose arrived just on time.

_Jennie-ah! Jennieee~

Jennie was lost in her thought until the third time her manager screamed her name.

_Jennie, what happened? You spaced out again. Has something been bother you? Or are you not feeling well?

_No, I...I'm fine... What's wrong?

Hyera looks at Jennie with suspicious eyes. Jennie is not the type to often goes blank when she is working, Jennie's concentration on the other hand, once surprised her.

_Are you sure? I can still see those bruises on your neck, Miss I-am-fine~

"What? Bruises? Shit those hickeys!!!"

Jennie immediately put her hands on her neck to cover them and run as fast as she can straight to the toilet after signaled her manager that she has to go.

_God...

Jennie is now standing inside the toilet and looking at the hickeys that Taeyong gave on her neck, she completely forgot about them. They turned dark purple and if there's one thing that Jennie knew about dark purple, they're extremely visible under her white blouse, especially the neck area.

_Lee Taeyong!!!

Jennie gritted her teeth in silent fury and decide to let her hair down to cover those hickeys. She stepped out of the toilet and talked to herself:

_This will do, I'm sure no one will notice!

As soon as she got back to her place, Jennie received a video call from her 'innocent' husband, it's lunch time so she quickly took the call.

"Hey babe~"

_Don't 'hey babe' me, Taeyong, it's disgusting!

"Well I love it! Oh, I did a great job with those hickeys right?"

Taeyong asked her with his half excited, half flirty tone. He noticed them first when he saw his wife, which is a good sign because that means everyone else can see them too.

_What? You can still see them?

"Sure, very clearly~"

_This is all your fault, Lee Taeyong, you'll be dead meat when you're back.

Jennie tried to pull her hair to the front to hide those hickeys.

"You know, your nape might be appealed when you tied your hair up or put them to the front like that, so I kind of left my marks there already~"

_WHAT?

She received a wink from Taeyong after he finish talking while he, on the other side, received Jennie's angry glares.

"So, will you punish me for not being an obedient husband?"

_Yes, I will, Taeyong!

"On bed?"

_Yes!... Wait... What? N... No! What were you thinking you... horrible sexual harassment moron!!!"

And that's when she put an end to their video call with her redden cheeks and ears in Taeyong's laughs. 

"Lee Taeyong is being a jerk again."