Chapter Twenty Nine

Y/N has been in intensive care for the past week. Apparently the cancer cells reached part of her right lung.
We haven't been able to see her because she's in the ICU and they don't know when she's going to leave.
Everyone had come to try and see her. No one was able to do it. Today was going to be her eighth day there, when I saw a nurse walk towards Ally and I. He had a clipboard and soon stopped in front of us.

"You're Y/N Jauregui's parents?" He asked. We stood up and nodded.
"Follow me please." He started walking and we walked right behind him. "She is in a room right now, with many wires connected to her to check on her vitals, so I advise you be careful with that." He opened a door and we could see Y/N laying down on the bed hooked to way to many wires. "This wire is giving her the endorphin that she needs. And this one will take morphine straight to her vein if you press this button." We nodded. "If you need anything, I'm Jake and I'll be here as fast as I can if you press the button by the bed." He pointed to a green button that said 'call nurse'.
"Thank you so much."
"She's sedated right now, but should be waking up soon." We nodded and he left.

We stayed by her bedside until she woke up, three hours later. She looked even more tired than she was a week ago. She was paper white, her eyes had bags under them and you could see the outline of her bones.
As I looked at her frail figure I noticed her eyelids twitch, her once bright eyes were dull and tired. I smiled upon seeing her awake.

"Hi baby."
"It hurts, a lot." She whispered. Ally reached for a cup of water and Y/N drank with the help of a straw.
"What hurts, baby?" I asked.
"Everything." She said a little louder.

I saw Ally pressing the morphine button and minutes later Y/N's body relaxed.
"Better?" Ally asked and she nodded.

A week ago the doctor decided to restart chemo, so her state wouldn't aggravate and she had more time to live.
Meaning that all the throwing up and dizziness and everything else was coming back.

"I want to cut my hair." Y/N said.
"What?" I asked.
"I. Want. To. Cut. My. Hair." She repeats.
"Why? Your hair is so beautiful, baby." I said, trying not to cry.
"And is falling, Mommy. It falls every day. I don't want to wake up everyday with one more piece of me gone. If I'm going to lose it I want it all at once." Shee took a breath. "Do it I want to do it." Now she was the one trying not to cry.

We were now in a room that looked slightly like a hair salon, I helped get Y/N seated in the chair in front of the mirror.

"Am I going to be ugly?" She asked looking back at us.
"Never." I said. Ally was on her phone and nothing said. "You're still going to be our beautiful baby." I nuged Ally. "Right, babe?"
"Oh, yeah." She walked over to Y/N and stood by her side. "Look at this." I walked over so I could see it too. It was a picture of Disney princesses, but they were all bald.
"What happened to them?" Y/N asked worried.
"They decided to help little girls like you realize that you don't need hair to be pretty let alone a princess." I smiled while looking at her. "Don't they look beautiful?" Y/N nodded. "And so will you."

A man walked in wearing a lab coat just like everyone else. He nodded at Ally and I and smiled at Y/N.
"So, little one, let's do this?" He asked picking up a comb and scissors.
"Do it, before I change my mind." She said. He nodded.

(please watch the video now)

He would take pieces of her hair and cut it with the scissors, we could now see the holes in her head which made me want to look away, but seeing her looking at herself in the mirror I knew I couldn't.
When he was done cutting the long strands of hair he got the hair clipper and started the hard part. As he went on I could see her try not to cry, but when I looked to my side, Ally was already in tears, I hugged her from the side. When I looked at Y/N, she was crying and I wanted to hug her too, but I couldn't, not now.
When everything was done Y/N was wheeled back to her room and she refused to talk to us for the rest of the day.